Kz front fork swap HELPPP!!!

• Sellitto42kz
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • Sellitto
More
22 May 2012 19:49 - 22 May 2012 19:50 #524112 by Sellitto42kz
Replied by Sellitto42kz on topic Kz front fork swap HELPPP!!!
[attachment:1]C:\fakepath\ddc9_12.jpg[/attachment]
Last edit: 22 May 2012 19:50 by Sellitto42kz. Reason: no pictures showed up

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
22 May 2012 22:30 #524151 by stephenzone
Replied by stephenzone on topic Kz front fork swap HELPPP!!!
me like

71-H1 Cafe w/750 engine
73-Z1 wifey's 1105cc
74-Z1 RatRod 1393cc

More
31 May 2012 03:04 #526046 by scddave
Replied by scddave on topic Kz front fork swap HELPPP!!!
No eBay APP ID and/or Cert ID defined in Kunena configuration

Sellitto42kz wrote: Thanks guys~ JUST WAITING FOR my swingarm frame connecting sleeves~
Chain an KERKER full exhaust-

looking at ordering a custom speedometer off ebay with a wheel sensor- since the front end im using down have one. ann it looks sweet has anyone used this?

Nice looking isn't it? I asked the seller if it would work on a KZ750E and the response I got back was that it was kilometers per hour only not suitable for U.S. I asked him if he has one that does MPH. Waiting to hear back. I'll post update when I do.

More
31 May 2012 15:39 #526137 by steell
Replied by steell on topic Kz front fork swap HELPPP!!!
You can also use a ZX6/9/10/12 digital dash. Mount the speed pickup on a bracket attached to a caliper bolt so it will detect the brake rotor bolts. And a speed healer to make it accurate. I have a ZX10 dash for my 750 project, and a ZX12 for the ZX11 project, both are really light weight.

KD9JUR
The following user(s) said Thank You: Julian@MotoCARR

• Sellitto42kz
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • Sellitto
More
02 Jun 2012 11:12 #526435 by Sellitto42kz
Sweet Steell. How did you hook up the RPM gauge just to the COILS? I've been wondering

cuz i know on cars u put it to the distributer?

Also send me some pics of the Digital dash you have on Bet it looks sick

More
05 Jun 2012 02:35 #526990 by czarkota
Replied by czarkota on topic Kz front fork swap HELPPP!!!
i was just reading your post and i have been planning on the same type project. i really like how yours is turning out. I was just wondering though if all you had to do was get new bearings to fit and match the original stem and gxr forks? i actually have a 82 csr 1000 that i swapped a kz1100 j motor into and really need to find a set of forks and if your gxr ones worked great i might wanna go that direction myself. i appreciate any info. keep up the sweet project

• Sellitto42kz
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • Sellitto
More
05 Jun 2012 22:58 #527151 by Sellitto42kz
Hey crarkota- I actually had to PRess out the GSXR Stem- an have my kz1000 Stem pressed into the GSX bottom Tree mount.. Doin so i had to have a LOCK Sleeve made- Due to the Difference in Stem Diameter- OD- an the ID of the Tree--- i know a machine shop that i brought the hole thing to.

just Make sure they make the sleeve so you have to PRESS the stem back in orelse it wont work..

I had the stem machined
an the rear swingarm Sleeves to match my Frame Bolt. only things ive had done to the bike i have not done myself-

Good luck Message me if you need any help-~ Anytime~

More
06 Jun 2012 01:21 #527182 by scddave
Replied by scddave on topic Kz front fork swap HELPPP!!!
No eBay APP ID and/or Cert ID defined in Kunena configuration

Sellitto42kz wrote: Thanks guys~ JUST WAITING FOR my swingarm frame connecting sleeves~
Chain an KERKER full exhaust-

looking at ordering a custom speedometer off ebay with a wheel sensor- since the front end im using down have one. ann it looks sweet has anyone used this?

He is sold out of MPH models and does not know if he will be able to restock any. The factory that made them has moved.

• Sellitto42kz
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • Sellitto
More
06 Jun 2012 23:46 #527358 by Sellitto42kz
oh bummer~ probably just go no tachs for a min. Im just cruisen around town to brake her in anyway- Ill wait it out. seems to be the best thing to do :-P

thanks alot tho

More
11 Jun 2012 18:42 #528251 by czarkota
Replied by czarkota on topic Kz front fork swap HELPPP!!!
hey thanks for the info. just wondering what you meant by LOCK space? and did the machine shop make your stem larger to fit the lower clamp or is that where the spacer comes in?

• Sellitto42kz
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • Sellitto
More
12 Jun 2012 21:52 #528625 by Sellitto42kz
the machine shop actually pressed in a Spacer for the KZ stem to fit- but if you look at your orginal kz stem an kz bottom tree- There is a "catch Lip"? an on the stem there is a "Lock" Ring?

so what they did was made a spacer with an inner lip that would catch this Lock ring at the very end of pressing my kz Stem in..

hopefully that makes sense. sorry i dont have any pictures i was so excited to have it put it on right when i got home :-P

but once you have the stem PRESSED in just buy some new bearings an it will all fit perfectly!!.

MY next step is welding stoppers on so my forks dont hit my tank. as well as a steering stablizer-
send me some pics of what you got if you need to. anymore questions throw them out!

More