Dumb dumb dumb (air shock dumb)

More
03 May 2012 12:22 #519567 by Medina
Dumb dumb dumb (air shock dumb) was created by Medina
Read the manual a dozen times and still I thought that the warning of do NOT put more than 71 pounds of air into the rear shocks was the max...NOT the "dont go past 10 pounds using more than 71 pounds"
Is it me, or do some of these shop manuals leave MUCH to be desired.

anyhow, since last year and certainly during the 800 miles I put on it this year, I've run 45-55 pounds of air in the back shocks!!

After re reading the manual I realized anything past 15 is likely to blow seals...so, I look, bone dry, put 12 pounds of air in there and went on a ride...dear merciful mother of god..THIS is what the ride is supposed to be like?

I LOVE IT. Cant believe I didn't blow up the arse end
Messed around with the preload nothing looks, or feels awry. I guess in spite of my dumb I got lucky, very very lucky. I watched some guy put an air hose to his front air forks and before I could yell noooooooo, he blew oil all over the place and the front end slammed down...
Man, I got lucky.

anyhow Shop manual says no more than 15 pounds, however under the seat, theres a warning in french and english that says 35 pounds for the rear and 10 pounds for the front??
This flies in the face of what I've read, both online and in the manual.
I also changed the tire pressure from manual and dunlops website to the under the seat numbers...

I guess its safe to go with the seat info vs. everystinkingthing else I've read?

dam...the ride is incredible now. potholes, ridges, RR tracks, those grooves that used to toss me around, its disarming how nice it is now

1981 KZ1100 Vetter "Luminous Navy Blue" DAMN YOU COLOR CODES!
Medina, Oh
My Bike Thread
www.kzrider.com/forum/10-new-members/469298-from-ohio

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
08 May 2012 01:54 #520642 by gsnfl
Replied by gsnfl on topic Dumb dumb dumb (air shock dumb)
I bet we all ran out into the garage and checked. I did...

77 KZ650 C1 basket case project-blowed up and parted out

83 KZ550 M1-Prince to Toecutter transition

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.