fork seals- front fork cylinder holder

• donthaveakawman
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
06 Apr 2012 22:43 #514475 by donthaveakawman
fork seals- front fork cylinder holder was created by donthaveakawman
i have the weekend to myself, so i decided that the fork seals ordered on Thursday from z1 enterprises should be here Saturday -/+ 2-3 days-today being Friday. what i did was i pulled the forks apart, being as its a ltd its got the air filled forks etc... i guess there is a special tool to pull the inner tube from the base on the bottom of the fork from the Allen screw that holds them together.
i replaced the tool with these ingredients= my pile of sockets containing about 7-8 spark plug sockets, i found a spark plug socket /with the end that has the outside that can be used with a wrench instead of a ratchet/22mm. if i could find my socket extensions it would have been great but i used a loosely fitting piece of square metal pipe and jammed it in the end that the spark plug would have gone into with duct tape to keep it from getting stuck in there the tube. i used a adjustable speed wrench to hold it under my foot. then with the air ratchet and Allen socket that are in the garage, i had no problem with this task.
so what must be done is the 22mm outside part of the socket must be jammed in the hole with the socket extension in the wrong side then put it in the fork tube way down. then turn it.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• donthaveakawman
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
07 Apr 2012 03:09 - 08 Apr 2012 17:58 #514508 by donthaveakawman
Replied by donthaveakawman on topic fork seals- front fork cylinder holder
i thought my rear shocks were froze i sprayed some liquid wrench on them and adjusted the springs, they are all better.
Last edit: 08 Apr 2012 17:58 by donthaveakawman. Reason: untrue information

• donthaveakawman
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
21 Oct 2012 15:48 #554988 by donthaveakawman
Replied by donthaveakawman on topic fork seals- front fork cylinder holder
one fork has Harley fork oil and the other has another kind, i think they are about to start leaking again kinda embarrassing when the air pressure regulator on an air compressor is uncertain. maybe next time i could use some gators.
:unsure:

• wireman
  • User
  • The most interesting prick in the world
More
21 Oct 2012 16:29 #554996 by wireman
Replied by wireman on topic fork seals- front fork cylinder holder
An air ratchet will spin the allen head bolts out of the bottom of the fork legs just leave the springs in with the caps to keep pressure on the legs while doing it.
saves having to adapt a bunch of stuff together B)

posting from deep under a non-descript barn in an undisclosed location southwest of Omaha.

More
21 Oct 2012 18:15 - 22 Feb 2013 10:15 #555010 by martin_csr
Replied by martin_csr on topic fork seals
[images gone]
Last edit: 22 Feb 2013 10:15 by martin_csr.
The following user(s) said Thank You: donthaveakawman