Stubborn bead

More
06 Apr 2012 10:55 #514342 by Beav
Stubborn bead was created by Beav
I'm replacing my rear dry rotted tire on my 80kz550 and I can't get the bead to seat all the way. The tire I put on is tubeless and there is a tube inside of it but I can't get the bead to seat about 10" around the rim. I'm leaving it out in the sun today to see if that will help at all warming the tire up. It is holding air, would it help if i ride on it?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Street Fighter LTD
  • TURBO, Its Better to be Blown than Injected
More
06 Apr 2012 11:06 #514347 by Street Fighter LTD
Replied by Street Fighter LTD on topic Stubborn bead
I wouldnt want to ride on it.
More air to force it out ( within reason )
Reclean wheel and add soap and try again

Original owner 78 1000 LTD
Mr Turbo Race Kit, MTC 1075 Turbo pistons by PitStop Performance , Falicon Ultra Lite Super Crank, APE everything. Les Holt @ PDM's Billet Goodies . Frame by Chuck Kurzawa @ Logghe Chassis . Deep sump 5qt oil pan. RIP Bill Hahn

More
07 Apr 2012 02:23 #514507 by Beav
Replied by Beav on topic Stubborn bead
I let it sit in the sun all day on my grill, it seemed to bead up while i was at work.

• lemo32
  • User
  • The Price of Cool aint cheap
More
07 Apr 2012 07:23 #514518 by lemo32
Replied by lemo32 on topic Stubborn bead
Dont know how you mounted tire, but I always clean rim good, remove valve core and inflate the tire until I hear the bead pop, which is usually around 10 to 15 lbs over the amount of air the tire requires.

1979 kz 1000 06 katana 750

More
07 Apr 2012 10:18 #514539 by Beav
Replied by Beav on topic Stubborn bead
I actually took it to a shop and they handed it back to me that way. I broke the bead and lubed it and filled it up with air over the max pressure and left it in the sun. The shop popped 2 tubes trying to get it to seat and gave up.