Speedo

More
24 Mar 2012 11:44 #511645 by jkar65
Speedo was created by jkar65
I have a 1100 spectra front end on a 81 kz1100. The speedo is electronic and I want to change it to a cable. I dont know the exact name of the part so I will do my best. Can I swap the electronic sending unit on the hub with a cable drive unit? I took the wind jammer and the rectangle headlight off and replaced it with a 7" round hesdlight and I would like to get rid of the bid rectangle gauge console and I dont want to spend the kind of money people are asking for the type of console I want that are electronic. I can get a cable drive speedo for far less. Thx for any help

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• mark1122
  • User
  • Keep twisting it
More
24 Mar 2012 14:22 #511675 by mark1122
Replied by mark1122 on topic Speedo
contact Koso usa. and ask them. they have several options for sending units, in there accesories section. why not stay with the electronic?

www.kosonorthamerica.com/new/shop/motorcycle_acc/

76 KZ, frame gusset work,1200CC.Ported by Larry Cavanaugh, 1.5mm.over intakes, Carron Pipe, ZRX12 rear end, and seat,96zx9 front end.
01 CBR600F4i Track bike.
Cobourg, Ont. Can.

~ ~ ~_@
~ ~ _- \,
~ (k) / (z)

More
24 Mar 2012 14:47 #511679 by jkar65
Replied by jkar65 on topic Speedo
Coz I dont like the look of the speedo, its rectangular and bulky. I want a smaller one and they want a small fortune for the few "electronic" ones I found. So I would like a mechanical one so I have more to choose from at a lot lower of a price. Im wanting to know if I can just take the electronic sending unit off the hub and put a mechanical one in its place?

• mark1122
  • User
  • Keep twisting it
More
24 Mar 2012 15:20 #511682 by mark1122
Replied by mark1122 on topic Speedo
ok i get it now.
the manual drive at the wheel may work if u have room to get it in there.
they r not that thin, so may not fit. u would have to make sure the axle is the same size too, .
i'm sure someone here may have 1 from a kz that they could measure for u. check the 1 u have in there now and get the dimensions.

76 KZ, frame gusset work,1200CC.Ported by Larry Cavanaugh, 1.5mm.over intakes, Carron Pipe, ZRX12 rear end, and seat,96zx9 front end.
01 CBR600F4i Track bike.
Cobourg, Ont. Can.

~ ~ ~_@
~ ~ _- \,
~ (k) / (z)