JMC Under New Ownership

More
19 Mar 2012 22:48 #510751 by Zedone
JMC Under New Ownership was created by Zedone
Just a heads up, the new company "Abbey" claims it has bought out JMC and are producing swingarms with a real 2 - 4 week turn around (as indicated on their website). I guess he has the same workers from JMC also.... I priced out an arm for my bike, 2" over, lower brace, polished and it came to just under $1,000 CND shipped. I thought that was a pretty fair $. There might be duty on top of that though for the US.

Doug

1977 KZ1000A1
1977 KZ1000A1 (Superbike Project)
1969 Chevrolet C/10 Short Fleet

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
20 Mar 2012 17:58 #510881 by z650freakl
Replied by z650freakl on topic JMC Under New Ownership
Pretty long waiting list for ones that are still due to people who paid JMC. Are they going to do and honour those ones first?????

More
20 Mar 2012 20:34 #510908 by Jeff.Saunders
Replied by Jeff.Saunders on topic JMC Under New Ownership
It would be nice if they do honor the orders from customers who paid and didn't get product over the past year or two. JMC used to make good swing arms, but their failure to supply product to a large list of customers is a black mark they may struggle to overcome. I'm really surprised a new compnay would even want to touch the JMC name.

Have you considered the swing arms out of Japan?

PMC Swing Arms

I can't say we have sold very many of these. The price point is a little too rich for most people - but I think they are nicer looking than the JMC swing arms.

Current exchange rate is 82 yen to the US Dollar - and the price you see on the PMC web site is roughly what we would sell it for when converted to US Dollars.

This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
www.z1enterprises.com

Z1 Ent on Facebook,

More
21 Mar 2012 09:27 #511011 by Zedone
Replied by Zedone on topic JMC Under New Ownership
Z650freak; Yes it would be great for those who have swing arm orders that are incomplete to be delt with first, that must be a stressful position to be in, hopefully they will be handled right away.

Jeff, I have looked at the PMC arms online but I've never seen them in person. I am a great admirer of everything PMC and will be eventually using some of their products. I'll be ordering a seat from you soon. IMO they are first rate.

It was really strange about a month ago or so the old owner of JMC had a message on his website home page about a major break-in in his shop and the theives got away with a wackload of aluminum ect. ect. I thought that was a pretty weird way of handling business, seemed unprofessional to me, I'm not surprised he went under, hopefully the new owner can make a go of it.

Doug

1977 KZ1000A1

More
21 Mar 2012 19:36 #511100 by Drooz
Replied by Drooz on topic JMC Under New Ownership
Those PMC arms look wonderful, but I have to say, the workmanship on my JMC is flawless. Mine was ordered in February 2006. I had a LOT of delays before mine FINALLY got to me in October 2006, but the finished product was worth the wait. Mine was a custom order, with a number of alterations from standard. It arrived and fit with no adjustments needed. B)

I feel for those who've been stiffed!! There's no excuse for that!! :angry: I was afraid that I might be in for that too, but they came through in the end.

I don't know what the new owners have in mind for the angry customers left from the former owners regime. They are likely under no legal obligation to come good. Does anyone know if they've addressed that concern? :unsure:

No doubt, new management will have to work hard to erase the bad feelings left regarding the JMC "name". :blush:

'77 kz1000 (zx10r) Modified/Street
'81 GPz550 "TrackBike"
'05 zx10r Retro/Mod Sportbike 4 SALE!!
'02 zrx1200r Lightly Modified Street SOLD!!
'74 h2b 750 (FZ600) "Mongrel" 2 Stroke SOLD!!

"Invictus Maneo" - I remain unvanquished.

Kawasaki - Let The Good Times Roll!

Mississauga, Ontario. CANADA

More
21 Mar 2012 19:46 #511102 by mtbspeedfreak
Replied by mtbspeedfreak on topic JMC Under New Ownership
I haven't heard of JMC. Would you mind posting a few pics of their swingarms?

Thanks in advance!
-Mark

2000 ZRX 1100
1976 KZ 900- Daily Driver
1980 LTD 550- Dalton Highway survivor!

If it has tits or tires, it'll give you problems!

More
21 Mar 2012 22:03 #511125 by Drooz
I had a nice pic of he swingarm fresh out of the box, but I can't seem to find it! Sorry!

Here's an early one on the bike.

Mine is styled like the PMC pictured above in Jeff's post. There are a variety of configurations though.

Here's a recent one of mine on the bike.

Who knows what the "new" product will be like though. Best wait for an updated report. :unsure:

'81 GPz550 "TrackBike"

More
21 Mar 2012 22:53 #511140 by Zedone
Replied by Zedone on topic JMC Under New Ownership
That's a beautiful setup Drooz!
Here are a few more JMC pics

1977 KZ1000A1
Attachments:

More
21 Mar 2012 23:25 #511153 by Drooz
Thank you Sir!! B) Love that zrx! :woohoo: My brother and a couple of buddy's have 'em! :cheer:

My swing arm the same as #3 in your pics Zedone! :)

'81 GPz550 "TrackBike"

• DoubleDub
  • Visitor
22 Mar 2012 00:11 - 22 Mar 2012 00:13 #511168 by DoubleDub
Replied by DoubleDub on topic JMC Under New Ownership
This looks to me like JMC folded and a new company hired their people:

www.swingarm.com/

LATEST NEWS

Abbey Engineering currently manufactures and stocks swing arms. Abbey Engineering has no link to a previous company JMC. This company no longer trades and has gone out of business. Abbey now employs staff from JMC and has all the expertise to manufacture swing arms from its premises in the North West of England. Abbey Engineering currently employs over 60 people with a turnover in excess of £5 million. All new customer orders will be manufactured within 2-4 weeks.

I appreciate that some people are still waiting for parts from JMC. We are currently looking at options to try and assist the director from JMC but to date I have no further information.

Please contact our sales team if you require further assistance.

Regards

Chris Jones

Managing Director

Last edit: 22 Mar 2012 00:13 by DoubleDub.

More
22 Mar 2012 16:44 #511289 by Drooz
Yes, but it looks like they're still using the "JMC" name too.

As of yet, there's no answer as to what this might mean for those who lost their $$ on orders from the "old" JMC company. :unsure:

'81 GPz550 "TrackBike"

• Bozo
  • Sustaining Member
  • Ride it like u stole it
More
25 Nov 2012 20:32 - 25 Nov 2012 20:35 #560046 by Bozo
Replied by Bozo on topic JMC Under New Ownership
Guys, I am also waiting for the JMC saga to unfold, I've been waiting more than two years and paid lots, The new owners were supposed to get back to me with some deal to compensate for the previous thief John Mc Carton?.

So far in all this time I've had a couple of replies that they'll get back to me and I'm still waiting. There might be a reason for this delay but I wish they would let me know what their plan is.

If anyone can help please do so, I feel robbed and although the new owners are not obligated (legally) to help I believe they should at least compensate when the product is eventually delivered.

In the meantime I had to make a GPZ750 swingarm fit for now.Looking at the pictures of swingarms above makes me sick, I am jealous.

First Permanent ride the Z1R since Dec1977 (220,000km) as of June 2015
Second permanent bike 1989 FJ1200 dyno'd 140RWH, great bike.
Third ride is now the Frankenstein 1981 GPZ1100B1, 1983 fully recon motor fitted LOVE THIS BIKE
Forth my work bike FJ1200 1989 (same type as FJ above)
Last edit: 25 Nov 2012 20:35 by Bozo. Reason: adding text