Would like to see a sticky about wheel mods...

• saxjonz
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • KawboyZ
More
20 Dec 2011 02:47 #493901 by saxjonz
You know that I would love to see a sticky on mods that you guys have done. I want to find a set of nice aftermarket wheels for my bike. I have looked and I know that it's crazy and perhaps not worthwhile yet... I did see a set of wheels on a few zrx's that look almost exactly like the LTD rims but obviously much lighter and no ideas of how I could find a set of maybe 18's to fit that I can use a 180 rear tire with a custom swing arm setup. I wish I knew of a place where I could find all the manufacturers of current wheels and discontinued manufacturers that possibly I may find a used set somewhere.
These are the things I find frustrating and I would be willing to bet if we were to make a sticky so that anyone who owns a kz could easily find sources. This is a site for the bikes right?
Have any of you guys seen the format for zrxoa website besides the Mad Duck and perhaps a few others? They have mad resources on every topic and stickies. I think, perhaps, we could do the same type of thing here if we had a few people to share their experiences. :P
If I get the answer you can guarantee that I will share with all of you. Basically, I am looking to improve my bike on every level yet I want to keep it looking like an LTD. I think that 19 inch front wheel and the cheesy swingarm with anchor weights for wheels do a lot to destroy the performance that could be had from this bike.

79 LTD B3
80 LTD B4 1075 kit JE Pistons .410 cam grind, Bassani, 31 keihin CR Specials...
1980 Z1R, 2002 ZRX1200, 2003 ZRX1200

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.