Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

LTD Seat Opinions 20 May 2006 15:47 #48714

• ejslap
  • ejslap's Avatar Topic Author
  • User
  • Thank you received: 0
I want to get a new seat for my '80 650 LTD, but thought I would ask around first. Right now I have an LTD style step up seat (see pictures). While it is very plush and nice, the way I ride I always want to sit right in the middle which makes it uncomfortable.

Anyone have any opinions for which direction to go...I want to avoid the LTD type, this I know for sure. I am aiming for a sort of Cafe look, maybe add a cowl to the rear or something too.

Thanks

Post edited by: ejslap, at: 2006/05/20 18:48

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

LTD Seat Opinions 20 May 2006 19:47 #48758

• duncan
  • User
  • Thank you received: 2
i'd guess your bike has an aftermarket king/queen seat, rather an LTD model.

there's some good technical info on seats at this site, including some ergonomic stuff. it sounds like they prefer flat seats becuase the rider can move around a lot on long trips:
www.sargentcycle.com/csroadcom.htm

this corbin site shows two (kz1000)options, the single and double seat:
www.corbin.com/kawasaki/73kz.shtml

i wanted to change my LTD seat too, and looked at a lot of pics in the gallery. i finally found a pic i liked and just got the seat back from the upholstery shop. the passenger seat was cut down and flattened, and the drivers seat was extended about 2 inches into the passenger section. (custom upholstery work is a bit hit and miss...i had to have it done twice to get the look i wanted)

Post edited by: duncan, at: 2006/05/20 23:06
Attachments:

LTD Seat Opinions 20 May 2006 21:11 #48778

• RonKZ650
  • User
  • Thank you received: 239
Those bucket seats, on top of being butt-ugly are ugly on the butt, meaning they are crap. Sorry but there is no other seat than a flat or relatively flat seat for comfort. Take it from a guy who has ridden about 350,000 miles on a flat seat, about 10,000 on seats like pictured and those 10,000 miles caused 10,000 miles of damn cussing the pieces of crap. The worst thing is the new style of bikes. Look at any of them, don't care if it's a Zrx1200 Kawasaki or a BMW R1200GS or a Suzuki whatever piece of crap they sell. They all have seats that angle forward RIGHT where you're sitting making you slide forward right till you might as well mate with the tank as you ride. Frickin sheet and not worth 2 dang dollars. Don't sell out your old KZ on this crap. Stay stock, flat seat for comforf.
321,000 miles on KZ's that I can remember. Not going to see any more.

LTD Seat Opinions 20 May 2006 22:05 #48791

• steell
  • User
  • Thank you received: 207
I agree with Ron, the cut down seats look cool, but I
much prefer a flat seat.
KD9JUR

• Page: