Dyna Beads

More
08 Oct 2011 11:29 #482011 by peter1958
Replied by peter1958 on topic Dyna Beads
I have not tried them I just posted those links for people to make up there own mind

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
08 Oct 2011 11:31 #482013 by peter1958
Replied by peter1958 on topic Dyna Beads
I do my own spokes in a truing stand and balance them. So need for new tricks.

More
08 Oct 2011 13:56 #482035 by P21
Replied by P21 on topic Dyna Beads

SPARKY47 wrote: Good Day Americans! :)

Now I'm totally confused.

From my perspective we have a number of members here whose knowledge and experience are I think it's fair to say beyond doubt.
Now I don't want to be the reason anyones head explodes so please go with me on this.
First we have the mighty Steel. :ohmy:
I've read quite a few of his posts over the years I've been a member here and I have respect for his opinions.
Secondly we have the awesome Testarossa. :cheer:
His build post was a source of much interest to me, and his contribution to the discussions on this site are nothing short of admirable.

Third we have the Ron.
The photo's of his machines leave little more to say.

Now I haven't omitted the rest of the contributors to this thread for any questionable reason,because this verbal ramble in the woods would get out of hand and likely contribute to Global Warming if I go on too long.

OK OK I'll get to the point!

Now here's the rub.

We have opposing opinions on the effectiveness of these beads.

So do the things work or not?

HAS ANYONE ACTUALLY GOT THE DAMM THINGS IN THEIR TYRES????????????

Rant over,I'm off for a smoke. :silly:

Yes is your answer and about 300 miles so far and no more shake at 80mph just saying make up your own mind

its no voo doo people

Kawasaki KZ 1000 Police (2002) P21

• TeK9iNe
  • User
  • What did you do!?!
More
08 Oct 2011 14:20 #482041 by TeK9iNe
Replied by TeK9iNe on topic Dyna Beads
I think my opinion dont matter for much sometimes, especially as I've been away for a while, but anyways...

I saw a guy throw the beads into an unbalanced wheel off a gsxr, and once put on the balance tester/wheel spinner thing it improved the wheel balance to an almost imperceptible perfect - however, the beads not being in the right spot to begin with on takeoff, threw off the machine slightly and the balance point would drift - except at higher speeds it seemede to work great.

I like the weights because its cheap and easy, but for those who adore the new fangled crap, go ahead - I think theyre ok.

Peace!

B)

Motorcycle Shop Owner/Operator

79 Kawie Z1000 LTD
81 Kawie Z1000 CSR
83 Honda VT750C A
85 Kawie GPZ900 A2
86 Zukie GS1150 EG
93 Yamie XV1100 E
Lucky to have rolled many old bikes through my doors ;)

More
08 Oct 2011 19:51 #482079 by RonKZ650
Replied by RonKZ650 on topic Dyna Beads
My "problem" if you can call it that is I've never personnally had a motorcycle tire that showed any noticable balance issue despite mounting probably 100 or more tires and the way I do it is mount and ride. I've never balanced a tire and done them all from 90cc enduros to my GL1800 goldwing. Guys say how smooth their goldwing is with the beads, now wow I'm really impressed, my goldwing is smooth without them. Then there are the guys that add the beads and get no more cupping of the tires and 25,000 miles out of a tire. I can't claim that, but get 15,000 on goldwing rubber and that is good tire life for a motorcycle tire. Some slight exageration or memory loss for some guys as you are not going to get 25,000 miles out of a motorcycle tire with 2oz of beads, the lead weights or any other contraption.

321,000 miles on KZ's that I can remember. Not going to see any more.