o-ring holders on caliper bracket

More
04 Sep 2011 19:53 #474207 by moffy
o-ring holders on caliper bracket was created by moffy
I'm trying to find some o-ring holders (I guess that's what they're called) that hold the o-rings for the caliper pins onto the caliper bracket. The ones on my '77 KZ 1000 LTD have rusted enough that they won't hold the o-rings in place properly. I can't find them in a parts diagram anywhere and the parts guys at the local bike shop didn't have any luck either. In the pics there are three still on the bracket and one removed. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

'77 KZ 1000 LTD, '07 R6s
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• wireman
  • User
  • The most interesting prick in the world
More
04 Sep 2011 22:34 #474228 by wireman
Replied by wireman on topic o-ring holders on caliper bracket
ill check the garage tomorrow B)

posting from deep under a non-descript barn in an undisclosed location southwest of Omaha.

More
05 Sep 2011 00:22 #474256 by Patton
Replied by Patton on topic o-ring holders on caliper bracket

moffy wrote: I'm trying to find some o-ring holders (I guess that's what they're called) that hold the o-rings for the caliper pins onto the caliper bracket. The ones on my '77 KZ 1000 LTD have rusted enough that they won't hold the o-rings in place properly. I can't find them in a parts diagram anywhere and the parts guys at the local bike shop didn't have any luck either. In the pics there are three still on the bracket and one removed. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

The parts diagram at kawasaki.com shows the o'rings, and also indicates they are still "active" (meaning available through Kawasaki dealerships).

Lots of good info on kawasaki.com, including parts diagrams, part numbers, models sharing same part, availability, etc.

Here's a link for help with navigating the site and finding information.

kzrider.com/index.php?option=com_kunena&...w&catid=13&id=376734

Good Fortune! :)

1973 Z1
KZ900 LTD

More
05 Sep 2011 17:18 #474390 by moffy
Replied by moffy on topic o-ring holders on caliper bracket
I already have the new o-rings. They came with the caliper rebuild kit I got from Z1. It's the holders (chrome in this case, although they don't need to be) that I can't find. Two aren't in too bad shape, but the other two are severely rusted and there isn't much left of them. This is for the rear caliper, but I would like to get enough for the front two calipers for when I tear them apart too. (12 total). The parts diagram at kawasaki.com doesn't seem to show them either. Perhaps the o-ring grooves were machined into the bracket in some cases? I haven't taken the front brakes apart yet, maybe they are different? Here is a pic of the o-ring (right) and the holder (left). Thanks for the input!

'77 KZ 1000 LTD, '07 R6s
Attachments:

More
05 Sep 2011 17:38 #474393 by 650ed
Replied by 650ed on topic o-ring holders on caliper bracket

moffy wrote: I already have the new o-rings. They came with the caliper rebuild kit I got from Z1. It's the holders (chrome in this case, although they don't need to be) that I can't find. Two aren't in too bad shape, but the other two are severely rusted and there isn't much left of them. This is for the rear caliper, but I would like to get enough for the front two calipers for when I tear them apart too. (12 total). The parts diagram at kawasaki.com doesn't seem to show them either. Perhaps the o-ring grooves were machined into the bracket in some cases? I haven't taken the front brakes apart yet, maybe they are different? Here is a pic of the o-ring (right) and the holder (left). Thanks for the input!

OK; it looks like you are trying to find part number 43088-002 (see diagram). If that is the case, you can get them new old stock at the link below the diagram for $3 each. Ed

Attachment 77KZ1000Caliper.jpg not found

www.nwvintagecycleparts.com/search-resul...q=43088-002&st=spart

1977 KZ650-C1 Original Owner - Stock (with additional invisible FIAMM horn)
Attachments: