Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Anyone not minding looking some stuff up n interchange CD 27 Oct 2005 12:39 #4693

• Duck
  • Duck's Avatar Topic Author
  • User
  • e vica na i sau na ga
  • Thank you received: 35
Need to know if any of the front or rear brake components from a 1980 Honda CX500 will fit any of my kwakers needing parts.

I need rear caliper and master for 1977 kz1000A1 and both front calipers and master for 1987 KZ1000 police bike. Would also be nice to know if the rotors fit. Buddy has a CX500 parts bike. I just gave him a like new rear wheel for his CB350 four so he said, 'take what you can use'. Taking and swapping falls into that category too so if the CX500 brake parts don't fit and you have what I need and need something off the CX500, let me know.

How useful is this CD is. Does it give dimensions on parts so stuff that fits but is not the same may be cross referenced?

If I hear it does, I'm gonna order one right away. Will probably order anyway but a bit tight on bike money until I sell the GS1000GT and need to order some bearings and gaskets and buy some beer.

Thanks.

-Duck

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Anyone not minding looking some stuff up n interchange CD 27 Oct 2005 13:09 #4702

• Mcdroid
  • User
  • Gone Kwackers
  • Thank you received: 305
What CD are you referring to? I am always willing to learn something, but I'm only aware of within-brand cd's for cross-referencing...not cross-brand cd's. Are they on eBay?
Michael
Alvin, Texas

1982 GPz750
1977 KZ1000A
1978 KZ1000A
1982 GPz1100
1975 Z2A

Anyone not minding looking some stuff up n interchange CD 27 Oct 2005 13:54 #4713

• steell
  • User
  • Thank you received: 207
I think the rear caliper and master cylinder on the 77 kZ1000 is the same as the 750B, and I probably have them around here somewhere. Not sure what shape they are in though, as they came off a bike I got from a junkyard.
KD9JUR

Anyone not minding looking some stuff up n interchange CD 27 Oct 2005 13:57 #4716

• Duck
  • Duck's Avatar Topic Author
  • User
  • e vica na i sau na ga
  • Thank you received: 35
Yes, I saw an advert while messing around www the other night.
Didn't bookmark because I assumed most folks would already know about it or I could find again. Well, I can't find right now but will look some more later this evening if no one else chimes in.

Will tell you all manufacturers applications of a partcular part. Advert was not clear as to whether dimensions were given.
With dimensions and search capaility on them, it would be EXTREMELY useful.

-Duck

Anyone not minding looking some stuff up n interchange CD 27 Oct 2005 16:31 #4736

• Jeff.Saunders
  • Vendor
  • Thank you received: 181
steell wrote:

I think the rear caliper and master cylinder on the 77 kZ1000 is the same as the 750B, and I probably have them around here somewhere. Not sure what shape they are in though, as they came off a bike I got from a junkyard.

No, they are different. Even within the 77-80 KZ1000's the rear master cylinder varies to the point there are three or four master cylinders just for these bikes - and they are different to the KZ650's. In some cases I think you could bolt up different versions - previously I'd looked at some rear master cylinders that came from 650's and they appeared close in design to the 1000 version, but a different piston size.

This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
www.z1enterprises.com

Z1 Ent on Facebook,

Anyone not minding looking some stuff up n interchange CD 27 Oct 2005 17:56 #4763

• steell
  • User
  • Thank you received: 207
Interestingly, the 77 KZ1000 and the 77 KZ750B master cylinders have different part numbers, but the piston, cup, diaphragm, ect, are the same part number for both bikes (according to buykawasaki.com anyway). It looks like the difference is in how they mount to the frame.

The rear caliper is integrated into the hanger on the 1000, while the 750 has a hanger and a separate caliper
(again, according to buykawasaki.com).

The front calipers have different part numbers as well, but I put KZ1000 calipers on my 80 KZ750G, and I can't tell any difference between the two, the same goes for the front rotors. :S

Sometimes buykawasaki.com is not a lot of help.
KD9JUR

Anyone not minding looking some stuff up n interchange CD 28 Oct 2005 15:38 #5012

• Jeff.Saunders
  • Vendor
  • Thank you received: 181
The front-end brakes are fairly easy to figure if they'll work or not. The back-end is much tougher - the master cylinder mount, whether it has an integrated reservoir or not, the type of linkage connecting to the piston vary significantly.

Some rear master cylinders are becoming a BIG problem. For the KZ1000-D1 we cannot find anyone who makes a rebuild kit - and Kawasaki is out of the rebuild parts... not good. Similarly, some of the KZ650 rear master cylinders (C2/3 & D1/2) have the same issue - no one makes a kit and Kawasaki is out of the piston.

If anyone is aware of ANY brand kits that fit these bikes, please let me know...

Post edited by: jeff.saunders, at: 2005/10/28 18:54
This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
www.z1enterprises.com

Z1 Ent on Facebook,

• Page: