bad news for the kaw

• dynastydudge
  • Topic Author
  • User
More
31 Jul 2011 16:48 - 31 Jul 2011 16:54 #466037 by dynastydudge
bad news for the kaw was created by dynastydudge
bad news guys. my carberators still havnt returned from the guy whos restoring them in texas. i cant wait any longer the kaw wont be going to sturgis this year. o well next year she can go. im going to have to take my 1982 honda cm 450 e chopper. before i go i need to change the fork seals in it. i know this is a kawasaki forum, but does anyone have any tips for changing these.? i have new fork seals and dust boots being overnighted to me. i know you guys dont have the specs on how much fork oil and stuff, but what you guys use for fork oil, and tips on getting the seals off and on without damaging them would be great......o one more thing, i know you guys like to see pictures of these builds, and i havnt provided many. but my camera on my phone really sucks. i will atleast take some pictures of the final product and put them on here. as you can see in my profile picture the tank was in bad shape. but i took a full day and got the bondo perfect and painted it and it turned out great. i know you purest are not going to like the bike, but i know you will respect the time i put into it, and the maintenece performed. after all. i did rescue a kaw from the deeps of a dirty airplane hanger...lol

were not here for a long time, just a good time......1980 kz750 ltd h1
1982 honda cm 450e
Last edit: 31 Jul 2011 16:54 by dynastydudge.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
31 Jul 2011 17:44 #466043 by jonnybravo
Replied by jonnybravo on topic bad news for the kaw
if I remember correctly u need a specific set of snap ring pliers, otherwise it can be difficult

• TeK9iNe
  • User
  • What did you do!?!
More
31 Jul 2011 19:23 #466057 by TeK9iNe
Replied by TeK9iNe on topic bad news for the kaw
You can take the fork over to a building supply store and find a length of pvc pipe the just fits over the tube - makes for a great seal driver - and wont damage the fork.

Good luck.

B)

Motorcycle Shop Owner/Operator

79 Kawie Z1000 LTD
81 Kawie Z1000 CSR
83 Honda VT750C A
85 Kawie GPZ900 A2
86 Zukie GS1150 EG
93 Yamie XV1100 E
Lucky to have rolled many old bikes through my doors ;)