Goki air suspension?!

More
04 Jul 2011 01:49 #460876 by bearshawk
Goki air suspension?! was created by bearshawk
hey guys! this weekend i got a move on the 79 650 sr project i have been dreaming about for awhile, i took the donor bike down to the bare frame in just under 4 hours, lots of fiddling around with stuff inbetween but it seemed to go pretty quickly! i have NEVER taken a front end off before so that was quite an experience, and while i was doing so i found that this bike has GOKI (sp) front air shocks...never seen this before and my 78 sr doesnt have them, but they look aftermarket and i was wondering if anyone knows about them!

also found a set of dyna coils under the tank.... keep in mind this was the $150 dollar bike that i later found out had 29mm smoothies on it, so i am interested to tear into the engine and see if there are any mods done! pictures of the carnage will be minimal but i have a few i can post up later, thanks for the help guys!

1978 kz650 sr- long time project/first bike mostly gone
1979 kz659 sr- new acquisition NEXT project GONE

Both 650s combined to make one great bike! with a new powerplant

it is a 79 frame, 78 front end, both 78 wheels and brakes, 78 body work and a 80' 750-4 motor with gpz 750 cams and a kerker and...

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
04 Jul 2011 09:27 #460907 by The Fish
Replied by The Fish on topic Goki air suspension?!
The Goki air caps are aftermarket. They usually had anodized fork caps with air fittings in them and some had a "balance" tube that connected the individual air fittings.
I have a set of my CB 750 and I like having the added adjustability of them. On My KZ 900, I had a set of air caps on it and when aired up to about 12PSI, I had a solid front end (IE- no suspension). On my CB 750, I usually run about 4 PSI or less.
Some people say that if you need air caps then something is wrong with your front suspension (weak springs,etc), but I like having the adjustability of the air caps for another way to "fine tune" my front suspension.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.