KZ440 Rearsets Fabrication

More
01 Jul 2011 18:30 - 01 Jul 2011 18:31 #460521 by Mickey356
KZ440 Rearsets Fabrication was created by Mickey356
I came on here a while back looking for ideas on how to do rearsets for my 1980 KZ440. That and I've been all over the internet. The funny thing was that almost every 440 had stock foot controls and now I know why; they're a huge PITA to fit!!! :evil:

Anyway, anyone out there that has an interest in this set up I'd be more than happy to go into to detail but I'll keep it short for now. These were a set (including brackets) from Fast From The Past. Cost was $275. I welded two tabs onto the back of the "triangle" just above the hole that serves as passenger peg and exhaust mount. The brackets moutnig holes line up wo the frame tab for the engine mount and swing arm bolt. I drilled holes and used spacers to flush the bracket and bolted them up.
The shifter side went pretty smooth. The brake side was some serious (for me) fabrication with moving the pivot arm for the brake pedal lever and cutting and rewelding the brake pedal lever.
long and short here are the results.

Attachment finalbrake.JPG not found

Attachment finalshift.JPG not found

Attachments:
Last edit: 01 Jul 2011 18:31 by Mickey356.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 Jul 2011 02:11 #462393 by Lucid
Replied by Lucid on topic KZ440 Rearsets Fabrication
Looks good, especially on the shifter side. I'm gonna take a look at mine, I have some Busa rearsets I might try to fab onto the KZ. I have enough bolts and other parts on there, why not more!

78 KZ650B Cafe

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.