• Page:

TOPIC:

Buzzing from ignition switch... 26 Oct 2005 18:19 #4526

• savedrider
  • savedrider's Avatar Topic Author
  • User
  • 1975 Z1-B 900
  • Thank you received: 1
It's been driving me crazy! For the last few weeks I keep getting this buzzing/rattling from my speedo and tach area. It only happens when accelerating or decellerating at a certain rpm when the vibrations are just right.

I've pulled the cover off both the tach and speedo and tightened the mounting nuts. They are both now good and snug, but it's still happening. Today I finally noticed my ignition key buzzing. Sure enough I grab the key and it stops. The tumbler seems real sloppy.

This is a brand new Emgo/Sudco ignition assembly. I can't remember this happening when I first installed it. Any ideas because I'm going nuts, I can't stand rattles and buzzes?! :sick:
Get right or get left! <*{{{><

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Buzzing from ignition switch... 27 Oct 2005 13:17 #4706

• hat0791
  • User
  • Thank you received: 0
Most motorcycle ignition switches that I've seen can be dissasembled from the rear. They have a little metal spring-washer-thingie (highly technical term there) inside them, or somthing similar that makes them "click". If the backplate/cover is not tight on the switch it could let it rattle. You might try pulling it off and see if there are any screws on the back of it that could be bad.

Let us know what you find! And good luck B)

Buzzing from ignition switch... 27 Oct 2005 17:47 #4755

• savedrider
  • savedrider's Avatar Topic Author
  • User
  • 1975 Z1-B 900
  • Thank you received: 1
Thanks for the info...I'll give it a peek when I get a chance.
Get right or get left! <*{{{><

• Page: