1982 750 ltd fork lenght

• indianajames
  • Topic Author
  • User
More
13 Apr 2011 00:42 #444361 by indianajames
1982 750 ltd fork lenght was created by indianajames
hello everyone im new to the forum. got the ltd couple of weeks ago.. took the forks off to change leeky seals and one tube was bent. found some 1982 csr 750 forks of same diameter. still awaiting arrival . i assumed they would work .now im not sure about the brakes and the lenghts. when i looked at the picture i made sure they were leading axel and had mount for dual discs. i should have done some crossrefs but they were 25 bucks and i acted hastily. anyhow just wondered if anyone knew the answer to these two questions.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 Apr 2011 08:08 #444382 by Patton
Replied by Patton on topic 1982 750 ltd fork lenght

indianajames wrote: hello everyone im new to the forum. got the ltd couple of weeks ago.. took the forks off to change leeky seals and one tube was bent. found some 1982 csr 750 forks of same diameter. still awaiting arrival . i assumed they would work .now im not sure about the brakes and the lenghts. when i looked at the picture i made sure they were leading axel and had mount for dual discs. i should have done some crossrefs but they were 25 bucks and i acted hastily. anyhow just wondered if anyone knew the answer to these two questions.

Hello, indianajames, and WELCOME to KZr! :cheer:

There's lots of good info on kawasaki.com, including parts diagrams, part numbers, models sharing same part, availability, etc.

Here's a link for help with navigating the site and finding information.

kzrider.com/index.php?option=com_kunena&...w&catid=13&id=376734

Good Fortune! :)

1973 Z1
KZ900 LTD
The following user(s) said Thank You: indianajames

• indianajames
  • Topic Author
  • User
More
13 Apr 2011 11:24 #444409 by indianajames
Replied by indianajames on topic 1982 750 ltd fork lenght
thanx a mill patton. love the automatic cross ref function. i use to cross ref by having multiple screens open at different supplyers and parts fisches. a real pain. guessing wich models might be compatible. no more of that,ive been empowed by the great book of kawasaki and its honorable deciple patton. lol. now im off to marvel at this vast welth of knowledge that,ive been entrusted with. i will use for good and restorative mechanical deeds. haha. seriously though thanx. hope to have some pictures up soon to share my build progress.

• indianajames
  • Topic Author
  • User
More
13 Apr 2011 16:17 #444438 by indianajames
just got the 1982 csr 750 forks in the mail. they are 1inch longer than the 1982 ltd 750 forks . i was going to lower the ltd forks 1inch by adding a spacer inside on dampener. is this technique possible. does anyone have a drawing or picture showing where it goes?

More
14 Apr 2011 10:24 - 12 Feb 2013 12:52 #444563 by martin_csr
Replied by martin_csr on topic -
-
Last edit: 12 Feb 2013 12:52 by martin_csr.

• indianajames
  • Topic Author
  • User
More
14 Apr 2011 13:14 #444577 by indianajames
thanx martin csr . i going to give it a try . think i have to shorten the preload spacer on top of main spring and add that down below the rebound spring to preserve ride quality while shortening travel and overall lenght. your advise refreshed my memory , i feel much more confadent this will work.