Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

air in brakes 30 Apr 2006 22:28 #44079

• Kawbeach749
  • Kawbeach749's Avatar Topic Author
  • User
  • Thank you received: 0
I recently replace all my lines with braided steel lines. I rebuilt the calipers and cleaned the inside of the master cyclinder. Pumped the brake lever for almost an hour, and still their is air in line.
No leaks, anywhere. I have brakes but their very mushy.
The rear worked out fine, any suggestions?
thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

air in brakes 30 Apr 2006 22:31 #44082

• newbikekiller
  • User
I'd suspect the master cylinder.

Grab one off another bike (it usually doesn't matter what bike) and test it out. If it works than take another peek at YOUR master cylinder. I bet I know whats wrong but its hard to explain it in words :(.

The brakes on my old 400 where screwy even with a rebuilt/cleaned front master cylinder until the day I put in a new MC off a newer bike.

Peter

air in brakes 01 May 2006 07:05 #44125

• OKC_Kent
  • User
  • Thank you received: 20
Squeeze the front brake lever tight as you can and strap it to the grip with a bungee cord. Pull it real tight. Let it set overnight. Air should work itself up and out. Keep the master cylinder cover cracked a bit.

I believe the elastic bungee is the key, as it keeps pulling that lever closer to the grip all night long. The next day remove that bungee and your lever should snap back and be all set, with a nice firm to hard feel.

I did this on my bike so I know it works. I went thru 2 bottles of brake fluid and an afternoon squeezing the lever, tapping the caliper, union joint, etc., until I found that tip here.

Post edited by: OKC_Kent, at: 2006/05/01 10:13
Oklahoma City, OK
78 KZ650 B2 82,000+ miles

air in brakes 01 May 2006 08:50 #44156

• rstnick
  • User
  • Thank you received: 376
Some have mentioned to remove the front calipers and raise them higher while bleading, as all the air does not get out when their mounted. Try a search, or hope someone else recalls this method.
Rob
CANADA

Need a key for your Kawasaki? PM me

1978 KZ650 C2, 130K kms, Delkevic ex, EI, CVK32, PMC easy clutch, ATK fork brace, steering damper, braced swingarm, 18" Z1R front wheel.
2000 ZRX1100
2011 Ninja 250R
2005 z750s

air in brakes 04 May 2006 06:39 #45008

• Kawbeach749
  • Kawbeach749's Avatar Topic Author
  • User
thanks, tried those, and also squeezed the brake pads shut a couple times and it worked, again thanks, peace

• Page: