im rather gutted and need to rethink

More
16 Jan 2011 17:56 #422805 by Brown Bear
Replied by Brown Bear on topic im rather gutted and need to rethink
all tubes are perfect. level and paralel (spell check). lol.

im going to work out and see if i can move the wheel a little forward t save on moremoney on chain but if not then i will do what i can. lol. looks good tho the length it is. lol.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
18 Jan 2011 17:07 #423375 by Brown Bear
can anyone at all think of a way to widen the top tubes a small amount that way the wheel will be on and so will tye spaces. i did a mistake of welding the top a little closer than i really thought otherwise. pick below to show what i mean

the way im thinkng i can heat and bend it now as the gussets are in teh top and bottom and to cut them out etc will make a massive mess and mean alot of time wasted (friend not happy on that idea)
if i can some how widen the top tubes a small amount to match the bottom it should be perfect.any ideas not matter how silly etc would be really welcome. thanks guys

More
20 Jan 2011 08:01 #423795 by Heavy- Z
Replied by Heavy- Z on topic im rather gutted and need to rethink
looking good. I can't weld good enough so I plan on sending my 78 1000a frame to cycleonemanufacturing.com
to have them weld a hard tail on it. They have the weld on kit for the j models and after making mine they will most likely have one for my year model etc..

More
20 Jan 2011 08:56 - 20 Jan 2011 08:58 #423800 by Kidkawie
Replied by Kidkawie on topic im rather gutted and need to rethink
You need to put a bend in those tubes then adjust the angle of the tube closest to the frame so the other section of tube is parallel to the rim. See pic below.

I'm with Plummen on the design of your frame, your ass end is going to sit real high which is going to totally FUBAR and rideability of that bike.

You might want to consider buying a used HD rigid frame and fitting your engine and wheels.

1975 Z1 900
1994 KX250 Supermoto
2004 KX125
Last edit: 20 Jan 2011 08:58 by Kidkawie.

More
20 Jan 2011 08:56 #423801 by Brown Bear
where you from? itd be alot cheap[er to buy teh tubing and wled yourself, its really not that hard tbh. and its more fun and hands on. if your in england and anywhere near the essex area im sure i can try and help ya out. only thing i cant do i bend the pipes just yet but i have to get the tool for it when i have some money. lol. make sure to post pictures of yours on here. myne is the J model and its a pain to obtain parts for but there is a guy named steve at piston brokes who is great for getting engine bits for it and well worth it mate.