need help identifying parts

More
30 Dec 2010 14:39 - 30 Dec 2010 14:43 #419382 by rrlslacker
need help identifying parts was created by rrlslacker
(I started this thread in the chassis section because I primarily need help identifying wheels and brake discs, let me know if I need to move it.)

This summer I finished a 6-year rebuild on my 650B3. I'd like to share it with everyone, since it wouldn't have been possible without all the info I found here, but for now I will have to wait until the gallery is re-opened. Although I finished the rebuild in the summer, I didn't add the finishing touches (mainly re-covering the seat) and polish it up for a proper photo shoot until about a month ago. Unfortunately, I was distracted by the joy of actually being able to ride the thing :)

Aaaaaaanyway, I'm now left with the inevitable mountainous pile of spare parts. The worst of it went to the scrap yard, some was given away, and the rest is going on eBay because I'm broke and the bike will need some more lovin' over the winter.

Since I've had some of these parts for so long I can't remember where they came from, I was wondering if you guys could help me identify what models a couple of brake discs and wheels could be used for. There is also some free stuff at the bottom.

#1 Small Front Brake Disc
-approx. 27.7cm diameter
-approx. 5mm rotor thickness
-4 mounting bolt holes
-stamped "2C"
I think it's a front disc based on the rotor thickness. I don't know why there are two randomly drilled holes but they look factory.
www.rcadegaming.com/images/smallfrontdisc.jpg

#2 Pair of Large Front Brake Discs
-approx. 29.5cm diameter
-approx. 5mm rotor thickness
-4 mounting bolt holes
-1 stamped "4T", 1 stamped "4V"
I'm guessing they're front discs based on the rotor thickness, and because there's a pair of them.
www.rcadegaming.com/images/largefrontdiscs.jpg

#3 Large Rear Brake Disc
-approx. 29.5cm diameter
-approx. 7mm rotor thickness
-4 mounting bolt holes
-stamped "3T"
I think it's a rear disc based on the rotor thickness.
www.rcadegaming.com/images/largereardisc.jpg

#4 Pair of Later-Style Front Brake Discs
-approx. 27.1cm diameter
-approx. 4.9mm rotor thickness
-7 mounting bolt holes
-stamped "2C"
Again I'm guessing front because there's a pair. Obviously these are the newer-style rotors that go with the updated calipers, but I have no idea what specific models they're from.
www.rcadegaming.com/images/sevenspokediscs.jpg

#5 KZ650 Front and Rear Spoked Wheels
-front fits 19 inch tire
-rear fits 18 inch tire
-single disc front
-drum rear
These are the original wheels from my bike, so I know that they fit KZ650s from at least 77-79. Any years or other models that I am missing? I put on a front rotor that matches the one described in #1 (minus the two drilled holes), is that correct?
www.rcadegaming.com/images/spokedfront.jpg
www.rcadegaming.com/images/spokedrear.jpg

#6 KZ650 Front and Rear Rim Wheels
-front rim size 1.85x19
-rear rim size 2.15x18
-double disc front
-single disc rear
Again, I'm fairly sure these will fit 77-79 650s, any other years/models? Similarly, I put two rotors matching #1 (minus the two drilled holes) on the front, is that correct? The rear rotor is the same diameter (27.7cm, which looks correct with the caliper bracket) with a thickness of about 7mm.
www.rcadegaming.com/images/rimfront.jpg
www.rcadegaming.com/images/rimrear.jpg

#7 Set of 4 Carb Boots
-approx. 33mm inside diameter on carb side
I have no idea where these came from.
www.rcadegaming.com/images/33mmboots.jpg

If you have continued reading this far, I thank you. The rest of the items listed below do not need to be identified, they're just free to anyone who will pay shipping. These are things that are not in bad shape, I just think they're a little obscure to sell very well on eBay. If you see something you want, just tell me your zip code and email. I'll take it to the post office, have it weighed, and send you a paypal invoice for the shipping. The shipping cost will not be marked up, and there will be no charge for the item itself.

#8 New Vesrah KZ650 Cylinder Base Gasket
This is from a complete set, and somehow I already had an extra base gasket. It will probably fit most KZ650s, but according Vesrah it fits the following models:
78 KZ650D1-SR
78 KZ650D1A-SR
79 KZ650B3
79 KZ650C3
80 KZ650D3
80 KZ650F1
www.rcadegaming.com/images/basegasket.jpg

#9 Assorted Brake Hoses and Accessories
www.rcadegaming.com/images/brakehoses.jpg

#10 Assorted Footpegs and Brackets
www.rcadegaming.com/images/footpegs1.jpg
www.rcadegaming.com/images/footpegs2.jpg

Thanks again.

79 KZ650 B3 - Frame off resto nearing completion
Last edit: 30 Dec 2010 14:43 by rrlslacker.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
31 Dec 2010 06:54 #419469 by rstnick
Replied by rstnick on topic need help identifying parts
I'd like to see some pictures if your bike as she sits now.
B)
Some of the members here also frequent www.kz650.info/ .
Some of the members there may know which parts you have there, and be interested in what you have.

I've never seen a rotor with the two holes in it like that.

Rob
CANADA

Need a key for your Kawasaki? PM me

1978 KZ650 C2, 130K kms, Delkevic ex, EI, CVK32, PMC easy clutch, ATK fork brace, steering damper, braced swingarm, 18" Z1R front wheel.
2000 ZRX1100
2011 Ninja 250R
2005 z750s

More
31 Dec 2010 13:08 - 31 Dec 2010 13:11 #419512 by rrlslacker
Last edit: 31 Dec 2010 13:11 by rrlslacker.

More
03 Jan 2011 08:01 #419854 by rstnick
Replied by rstnick on topic need help identifying parts
Thanks for the pix.
Looks great.

B)

Rob
CANADA

Need a key for your Kawasaki? PM me

1978 KZ650 C2, 130K kms, Delkevic ex, EI, CVK32, PMC easy clutch, ATK fork brace, steering damper, braced swingarm, 18" Z1R front wheel.
2000 ZRX1100
2011 Ninja 250R
2005 z750s

More
03 Jan 2011 18:07 #419946 by silverado
Replied by silverado on topic need help identifying parts
Very nice looking bike, great job. I have a 1980 f1 and 2 81 ltd's I hope they look half as good when I'm done.

1980 kz 650 f
2 1981 kz550 ltd's
1 19?? kz750

More
05 Jan 2011 16:28 #420242 by rrlslacker
Replied by rrlslacker on topic need help identifying parts
Thanks for the compliments guys. Silverado, just keep slavin' away at it, you'll get there; and don't let anyone tell you you're putting to much time into "that old thing", or that it won't be worth it.

Anybody have any ideas on those parts? Also, the free stuff is still up for grabs.

79 KZ650 B3 - Frame off resto nearing completion