zx7r rear wheel parts

• kz1k
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • You Cant Fix Stupid!
More
22 Dec 2010 03:45 - 22 Dec 2010 03:47 #418179 by kz1k
zx7r rear wheel parts was created by kz1k
i am looking on ebay trying to figure out what parts i need to buy for my zx7r rear in order to get a rear sprocket on. right now all i have is a tire with bearing in it and a rear axle. i looked on a oem parts site, but they break down all the parts making it confusing.
what parts do i need on the rear of the bike to get it to a " roller". if i can get away with buying brake parts later, great. if i need to have them now, then ill get them. basically i need whats on the sprocket side of the rear wheel.
thanks, have a great day....Joe

1978 KZ1000A2

"JUST IN! A MAN WHO HOLDS THE WORLD RECORD FOR USING THE MOST DRUGS DIES TODAY. HE WAS WAS ATTACKED BY A PACK OF WILD DOGS HE THOUGHT HE SAW"

WHY FART AND WASTE IT, WHEN YOU CAN BURP AND TASTE IT?
Last edit: 22 Dec 2010 03:47 by kz1k.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• kz1k
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • You Cant Fix Stupid!
More
22 Dec 2010 04:37 #418182 by kz1k
Replied by kz1k on topic zx7r rear wheel parts
so far i am thinking i need a cush, sprocket carrier hub... anything else?

1978 KZ1000A2

"JUST IN! A MAN WHO HOLDS THE WORLD RECORD FOR USING THE MOST DRUGS DIES TODAY. HE WAS WAS ATTACKED BY A PACK OF WILD DOGS HE THOUGHT HE SAW"

• testarossa
  • User
  • Attack life, it's only trying to kill you.
More
22 Dec 2010 04:48 #418185 by testarossa
Replied by testarossa on topic zx7r rear wheel parts
Dependant on how the rear brake setup is on a ZX-7 you may need the rear caliper hanger. I know that it serves as a spacer on my GSXR setup. There is usually a spacer that goes on the sprocket hub side. So, in my estimation it's:sprocket, spacer, hub, cush drive, wheel,caliper hanger, and any possible spacer on the brake side. I'm not familiar with the ZX-7 setup, but that should be close.

Basically you need everything that is on the axle. Might help to go talk with an experienced parts guy at a Kawi shop. If you can find an experienced guy. Most of the kids behind the counter at mine weren't alive when the ZX-7 first came out, let alone a KZ. :laugh:

1978 KZ1000 A2 Click--->Build Thread
2004 ZX-10R
2007 Harley Sportster 1200
2020 Harley Street Glide Special
Angola, IN

• kz1k
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • You Cant Fix Stupid!
More
22 Dec 2010 05:38 #418194 by kz1k
Replied by kz1k on topic zx7r rear wheel parts
testarossa wrote:

Dependant on how the rear brake setup is on a ZX-7 you may need the rear caliper hanger. I know that it serves as a spacer on my GSXR setup. There is usually a spacer that goes on the sprocket hub side. So, in my estimation it's:sprocket, spacer, hub, cush drive, wheel,caliper hanger, and any possible spacer on the brake side. I'm not familiar with the ZX-7 setup, but that should be close.

Basically you need everything that is on the axle. Might help to go talk with an experienced parts guy at a Kawi shop. If you can find an experienced guy. Most of the kids behind the counter at mine weren't alive when the ZX-7 first came out, let alone a KZ. :laugh:

i hear you, all the parts guys i talk to even at the auto store are complete morons. :side:

all that software and time they spend there and they cant tell ya shit. at least at burger king they know whats on the menu.:blink:

1978 KZ1000A2

• testarossa
  • User
  • Attack life, it's only trying to kill you.
More
22 Dec 2010 09:24 #418211 by testarossa
Replied by testarossa on topic zx7r rear wheel parts
In a previous lifetime, I was a parts man at a Dodge, Chrysler, Jeep, and GMC dealer. It takes dedication, and training to be a good parts man. All of these places seem to think that all you need is a computer with a search engine and any old minimum wage employee can handle the job. I always make a point to thank those guys profusely who know their stuff. The parts department at any dealer gets crap from every other department.

1978 KZ1000 A2 Click--->Build Thread
2004 ZX-10R
2007 Harley Sportster 1200
2020 Harley Street Glide Special
Angola, IN