83 kz 440 gas tank

More
12 Nov 2010 14:49 #412434 by jkufen
83 kz 440 gas tank was created by jkufen
I'm working on a 83 kz440 ltd bobber project and I wanted to put a harley sportster peanut tank on it... has anyone here done this or something similar to it... I was just wanting some advice and even pics of it done... especially with mounting it because the front mount as brackets that are coming off the front so I gotta drill holes in the frame or weld on a plate and drill holes in it... any advice is appreciated!

Thanks,
Jason

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 Nov 2010 16:58 #412443 by Patton
Replied by Patton on topic 83 kz 440 gas tank
jkufen wrote:

I'm working on a 83 kz440 ltd bobber project and I wanted to put a harley sportster peanut tank on it... has anyone here done this or something similar to it... I was just wanting some advice and even pics of it done... especially with mounting it because the front mount as brackets that are coming off the front so I gotta drill holes in the frame or weld on a plate and drill holes in it... any advice is appreciated!

Thanks,
Jason

gotta drill holes in the frame or weld on a plate and drill holes in it-- imo welded on plate is the better choice.

And seems less involved than creating a bossed (sleeved) hole through the frame.

Here are three links to former threads with some more detailed information about this.

kzrider.com/index.php?option=com_kunena&...limitstart=60#359134

kzrider.com/index.php?option=com_kunena&...mit=20&limitstart=20

kzrider.com/index.php?option=com_kunena&...d=5&id=234686#234695

Good Fortune! :)

1973 Z1
KZ900 LTD

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.