7mm front disc calipers??

More
23 Sep 2010 19:46 #401323 by Dazza
7mm front disc calipers?? was created by Dazza
What bikes came with a 7mm front disc?

I am in the process of swapping my kz650 mag wheels to spokes and happened upon a '76 KZ900 front wheel with the 6 bolt 7mm thick rotor. I need to source a caliper to fit that size rotor. Were the early kz650's fitted with 7mm thick discs?

Any info greatly appreciated.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
24 Sep 2010 05:45 #401371 by Dazza
Replied by Dazza on topic 7mm front disc calipers??
Found a way to search in another post from JMKZHI

Well, you can cross-reference individual parts at Kawasaki.com. I find it easiest to search by year only.

Kawasaki.com (USA) -->> Owner Info -->> Parts diagrams -->> Search-by-Model-Info -> click continue -->> choose a year only then click continue -->> pick a bike from the list. Once into the diagrams, click stuff. Most diagram reference numbers are clickable which speeds up finding the full part number below. Clicking the part number opens a new window - click the yellow/black ? for the cross-reference... another new window opens w a list of bikes using that part. Click the red/white S for the superseded part number info.

If your computer has a pop-up blocker, the diagrams may not work. You'll have to turn off the blocker or otherwise allow popups from the Kaw site.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.