Help which wheel fits straight in?

More
30 Aug 2010 05:24 #394961 by Tuber
Help which wheel fits straight in? was created by Tuber
I'm racing an 1984 Z750 L4 next season.
I'm starting to look at tyres that will best suit the bike. I believe the combination currently on the bike is the best for the wheel size i.e 19 inch front 18 rear. It's shod with Roadriders front and rear, 100f 120r.
I would like to swap the front wheel out to fit an 18 inch wheel to allow for other tyre fitments and improve handling.
I wont be able to source a police bike wheel, so is there another wheel that fits with not too much hassle. I'm prepared to swap the front end over with another bike, however I have no welding skills so a direct swap with a donor bike if one exists, is my only option. The regs require that the forks must remain non usd, but may be of any year.

Near Edinburgh

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
30 Aug 2010 05:31 #394963 by T_Dub
Replied by T_Dub on topic Help which wheel fits straight in?
The Z1R had an 18" front. And like all these old Kawi parts, would probably be fit-able.

1977 KZ650B1
-810cc
-Cavanaugh Racing Head
-Mikuni RS34's
-GPR Muffler

More
30 Aug 2010 07:28 - 30 Aug 2010 07:31 #394982 by steell
Replied by steell on topic Help which wheel fits straight in?
2000 Suzuki GSXR forks and front and rear wheels. 17"x3" front and 17"x4.5" rear, currently on a 1980 KZ750E frame. I think all you would need to do to mount it is get a different top steering stem bearing. Rear wheel is mounted on a GPz750 aluminum swing arm modified for dual shocks, front forks have Race Tech cartridge emulators installed. Swingarm has spacers to mount in KZ750E frame without drilling.

Only worthwhile if you can run radial tires though.

I have the above set up for sale, or I'll install it on a 750 twin over the winter :laugh:

I think you can safely say that shipping to Scotland would be cost prohibitive :woohoo:

Check with the fellows on www.750turbo.com , they can probably put you on to something a little more local.

KD9JUR
Last edit: 30 Aug 2010 07:31 by steell.