Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Lower fork allen bolt \"gasket\" 24 Oct 2005 12:15 #3859

• apeman
  • apeman's Avatar Topic Author
  • User
  • Thank you received: 3
I am replacing the fork seals on my KZ750E, and have removed the allen bolt at the bottom of the fork. My Kawasaki workshop manual says that I should use gasket cement on boths sides of this "gasket" that fits, like a washer, around the allen bolt. Well, obviously some prior owner ditched this "gasket", so I have found at least one source of my leaks. So, I must obtain a new "gasket". My question: Is this simply a fiber washer, or maybe a nylon washer? Or should I cut a new "gasket" from gasket paper? It is part number 19 on the Kawasaki parts diagram for the front forks. (I will try to attach that diagram to this post.)

Petaluma and Truckee, CA -- member since Jan. 23, 2003;
PREVIOUS KZs: 1980 KZ750H with 108,000 miles; 1980 KZ750E with 28,000 miles; and KZ750H street/cafe project, all sold a few years back.

This is what I do for fun, not for work. It is art, with a little engineering thrown in.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Lower fork allen bolt \"gasket\" 24 Oct 2005 12:54 #3871

• steell
  • User
  • Thank you received: 207
The earlier models had a fiber washer, although I have run across a few that had nylon washers. I think the nylon washers were probably added by previous owners, but maybe Kaw used both.
KD9JUR

Lower fork allen bolt \"gasket\" 25 Oct 2005 03:12 #4028

• Wolfman@SparksAmerica
  • User
  • Thank you received: 0
I think PO changed the gaskets on my forks to copper crush washers kinda like the banjo bolt washers on brake lines, so I think you could use nylon or fiber or copper crush washers.

• Page: