"I'm picking up bad vibrations..."

More
25 Jul 2010 19:19 #385761 by apbling
"I'm picking up bad vibrations..." was created by apbling
1980 750 LTD. My wife complained last night of bad vibrations in the left passenger foot peg, but not the right. I tried to see if there was anything different between the two sides, but they seem identical.

Today when riding solo, I put my foot on the peg, and sure enough, it was vibrating pretty good, and I was even wearing heavy riding boots. From what I can tell the peg is attached to the bracket that is also attached to the pipe. Both sides are identical, so I can not figure out why just the left one would vibrate.

Any ideas how to cure this?

Thanks,
Andy

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Motor Head
  • User
  • FIX UP YOUR BIKE RIGHT AND CHEAP
More
25 Jul 2010 19:24 #385763 by Motor Head
Replied by Motor Head on topic "I'm picking up bad vibrations..."
Where the Pipe hangs on the foot peg bracket, there is a Isolating rubber bushing. This may be worn or miss installed. If you look and compare sides, or go to the Kawasaki parts page for your bike you will see the proper hardware and assembly.

1982 KZ1000LTD K2 Vance & Hines 4-1 ACCEL COILS Added Vetter fairing & Bags. FOX Racing rear Shocks, Braced Swing-arm, Fork Brace, Progressive Fork Springs RT Gold Emulators, APE Valve Springs, 1166 Big Bore kit, RS34's, GPZ cams.
1980 KZ550LTD C1 Stock SOLD Miss it
1979 MAZDA RX7 in the works, 13B...

More
25 Jul 2010 19:46 #385768 by apbling
Replied by apbling on topic "I'm picking up bad vibrations..."
I just went out there and checked and it didn't look like there was a bushing on either side, unless it's completely hidden by the bolt/nut. The only difference I can see is the peg that vibrates is a little "looser" than the one that doesn't, but not much.

More
25 Jul 2010 19:48 #385769 by PLUMMEN
Replied by PLUMMEN on topic "I'm picking up bad vibrations..."
chain /sprocket loose?

Still recovering,some days are better than others.

• Motor Head
  • User
  • FIX UP YOUR BIKE RIGHT AND CHEAP
More
25 Jul 2010 19:51 #385771 by Motor Head
Replied by Motor Head on topic "I'm picking up bad vibrations..."
Well the rubber is supposed to keep the pipe from bottoming against the foot peg big cast bracket. It would be under the bolt and washers. Try lifting up a bit on the pipe and see if it feels the same as the other side.
Did you look at the Kawasaki parts diagram?

1982 KZ1000LTD K2 Vance & Hines 4-1 ACCEL COILS Added Vetter fairing & Bags. FOX Racing rear Shocks, Braced Swing-arm, Fork Brace, Progressive Fork Springs RT Gold Emulators, APE Valve Springs, 1166 Big Bore kit, RS34's, GPZ cams.
1980 KZ550LTD C1 Stock SOLD Miss it
1979 MAZDA RX7 in the works, 13B...

More
26 Jul 2010 01:12 #385840 by Kitten Tooth
Replied by Kitten Tooth on topic "I'm picking up bad vibrations..."
+1 for the rubber being gone or mis-installed. Check to see if the exhaust is vibrating alot where it would touch the bracket for the footpegs. if so, you know that it would be the muffler causing the vibration.

1981 Kawasaki KZ1000-K LTD
1983 Suzuki GS300L-D
1982 Suzuki GS300L-Z sold:(
1976 KZ400D3
1973 Z900... I WISH

DO A BARREL ROLL!!