Rotor size differences

More
15 Jun 2010 23:35 #376007 by GingerKid
Rotor size differences was created by GingerKid
Ok, so I got an extra set of wheels with the 1980 KZ750 LTD that I bought. The guy I bought it from didn't tell me the exact year they came from, but I know they're from another 750 since I also got a head and a few other engine parts.

I mounted my new front tire on the spare rim that I got since the rotors were in better shape than the one that was on the bike. When I tried to mount the rim to the bike, I found out that the rotors are bigger and I can't get the calipers on. I'd rather try and make this rim work instead of having to buy new rotors, but I'm not sure how. Is there another 750 that got upgraded brakes that I could use the calipers from? Any other ideas?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
16 Jun 2010 03:45 #376008 by PLUMMEN
Replied by PLUMMEN on topic Rotor size differences
got a picture? B)

Still recovering,some days are better than others.
Attachments:

More
17 Jun 2010 20:47 - 17 Jun 2010 20:48 #376516 by GingerKid
Replied by GingerKid on topic Rotor size differences
Sorry it took so long, been busy with work
Attachments:
Last edit: 17 Jun 2010 20:48 by GingerKid.

More
17 Jun 2010 20:51 #376518 by PLUMMEN
Replied by PLUMMEN on topic Rotor size differences
looks like some sort of ltd rotor to me,i didnt realize there was so many differant diameters :S

Still recovering,some days are better than others.

More
17 Jun 2010 21:00 #376522 by GingerKid
Replied by GingerKid on topic Rotor size differences
Thats what confused me. The rim looked identical to the original one, but apparently there's a half inch difference between the two. I think that rim was actually from a standard bike and not and LTD, based on the fender that's on the forks. I thought about using the forks that were with the rim, but the caliper mounting points are the same, so I was guessing the difference was made up in the calipers. I just don't know which calipers to look for.