sv650 front end on Kz750?

More
02 May 2010 22:28 - 02 May 2010 22:29 #365141 by Glitch
sv650 front end on Kz750? was created by Glitch
I was talking with an industrial designer friend of mine, who has built several bikes from scratch, about my kz's front brakes lacking stopping power. he suggested SS lines; which i had already planned on. He then offered the whole front end off a 2004 sv650 he swapped for a hyabusa front end recently, if it or any of its parts could be used to improve my situation. I've seen a number of people putting more modern brake setups on stock forks, but would it even be realistic to try putting this on my KZ? or is it likely to turn into a fab nightmare? would it be more realistic just to adapt the rotors and calipers?

thanks for your opinions.

1982 Kz750 h3 ltd
Last edit: 02 May 2010 22:29 by Glitch.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
03 May 2010 02:40 #365162 by mart13
Replied by mart13 on topic sv650 front end on Kz750?
there are a number of ways to use the complete sv front end , you could get a new stem made for the sv yokes so it goes straight into the zed , another option is getting the zed and sv stems swopped over ie get the zed stem put into the sv yokes or if the stems are the same length you could try finding a different set of bearings that allow you to use the sv stem in the zed frame or if your rich you could get a new set of yokes made

if your wondering what yokes are , it's what brits call triple trees ;)

this would be a bit easier than try to mount sv discs on your zed wheel or making brackets that will allow you to use sv calipers on zed forks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.