78 650C SS Brake Line Conversion

More
20 Apr 2010 22:01 #362072 by Jonny
78 650C SS Brake Line Conversion was created by Jonny
I could use a little help from anyone who may have done this before...
I've been through a few of the threads regarding the conversion and I figure it shouldn't be too tough, however, I'm in a bit of a tight sitch...

My bike is in at the shop, and I won't be able to get it back home for a few days to measure up the lines and order the SS ones in from Z1. I am hoping to place to order sooner rather than later, and have all the required parts here to complete my safety.

In anyone has done this, or even just had the required measurements for the front brake lines, the info would be greatly appreciated. And any other little things you might highly recommend I have around to accomplish the switch. (I have access to a brake line bending tool, but don't think I'll need one?)

Thanks in advance!

'78 KZ 650C2 'Lila'
'71 Norton Commando 750 'Eadie'

St. Catharines, ON (Mostly, anyway...)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
21 Apr 2010 04:13 #362089 by djturnz
Replied by djturnz on topic 78 650C SS Brake Line Conversion
Can you stop by the shop and measure them? Or just call and ask them to do it?

I talked to a shop about ordering a longer line. He said all I needed was the length, the angle of the ends (straight, 90, 30 degree) and how many single and double bajo bolts I needed.

1982 KZ750 (4) LTD

More
09 Apr 2012 05:35 #514809 by Jonny
Replied by Jonny on topic 78 650C SS Brake Line Conversion
So, I am bumping yet another old thread, but at least its mine, and I wont get angry at myself. :laugh:

I am in pretty much the exact same situation as the last time I wrote tho. I am hoping to put together a big Z1 order and have most of the maintenance/rebuild parts I will need for this coming summer waiting for me when I arrive back at home. I REALLY can't get to my bike to measure the REAR lines, to make sure I get the right ones in for my 78 650C2, principally because I am working in NZ, and the bike is in Canada.

Again, I was just hoping somebody might have done the swap lately and would remember what the total length for the line was (from rear master to caliper, of course!) and the fitting angles.

If not, then i can just place a second order down the road. Just trying to save a little time and money.

Cheers!

Jon

'78 KZ 650C2 'Lila'
'71 Norton Commando 750 'Eadie'

St. Catharines, ON (Mostly, anyway...)