Anyone have a tank bag?

More
22 Jan 2010 09:53 #343932 by saxjonz
Replied by saxjonz on topic Anyone have a tank bag?
That's why you are supposed to wear your seatbelts so when the bag goes off the impact doesn't totally mess your face up. :huh: :P :) :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
I have a nice tank bag that fits really well, is a back pack and when you wish to carry your helmet with you it's also allows you to hold your helmet inside of a soft sling. IKON or 120 maybe but it is very nice and you can see my bike picture it is on my tank. Uses magnets and has holes so you can use ball bungy cords so I have three attached to it one around the speedo gauges and two around the reflector area. I have ridden with it for two seasons and I am not a tank bag person but I love it. Perfect to put your glasses and other items on the side of back. I put my rain gear in the pouch with chaps, gloves food and other spare things useful in advent of a breakdown. I have had no issues with the bag other than the occasional parking and turning of the handle bars and when bag is full turning on my hazards. :kiss:
toadson wrote:

I hope this is the right section of the forum to ask this, but when researching for a backpack to wear when motorcycling, I came across some recommendations for tank bags. I haven't done a lot of research on them, but they are strapped to your gas tank via magnets (maybe other methods as well) so you can store whatever you would like in them. The argument was that if you were riding with a backpack and got in a wreck, you could possibly be injured from anything in the backpack itself. Not to mention the wind drag you can pick up too during normal riding.

I found some bags for sale here: www.aerostich.com/packing-it-in/tank-bags

I tried doing a search on the forum, but nothing came up. What do you guys think? Anyone own one and recommend it?

79 LTD B3
80 LTD B4 1075 kit JE Pistons .410 cam grind, Bassani, 31 keihin CR Specials...
1980 Z1R, 2002 ZRX1200, 2003 ZRX1200

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
22 Jan 2010 09:54 #343934 by saxjonz
Right on Ron!
Was down there last xmas. Much fun to ride when it is cold elsewhere in the US.
RonKZ650 wrote:

Here's my packing including tank bag. Not a great picture, but the official way to travel.:)

79 LTD B3

More
22 Jan 2010 21:23 #344033 by toadson
Replied by toadson on topic Anyone have a tank bag?
saxjonz wrote:

That's why you are supposed to wear your seatbelts so when the bag goes off the impact doesn't totally mess your face up. :huh: :P :) :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
I have a nice tank bag that fits really well, is a back pack and when you wish to carry your helmet with you it's also allows you to hold your helmet inside of a soft sling. IKON or 120 maybe but it is very nice and you can see my bike picture it is on my tank. Uses magnets and has holes so you can use ball bungy cords so I have three attached to it one around the speedo gauges and two around the reflector area. I have ridden with it for two seasons and I am not a tank bag person but I love it. Perfect to put your glasses and other items on the side of back. I put my rain gear in the pouch with chaps, gloves food and other spare things useful in advent of a breakdown. I have had no issues with the bag other than the occasional parking and turning of the handle bars and when bag is full turning on my hazards. :kiss:
toadson wrote:

I hope this is the right section of the forum to ask this, but when researching for a backpack to wear when motorcycling, I came across some recommendations for tank bags. I haven't done a lot of research on them, but they are strapped to your gas tank via magnets (maybe other methods as well) so you can store whatever you would like in them. The argument was that if you were riding with a backpack and got in a wreck, you could possibly be injured from anything in the backpack itself. Not to mention the wind drag you can pick up too during normal riding.

I found some bags for sale here: www.aerostich.com/packing-it-in/tank-bags

I tried doing a search on the forum, but nothing came up. What do you guys think? Anyone own one and recommend it?

Is this your bag? www.kneedraggers.com/details/Icon_Urban_...ag--58-ICON-UTB.html

I like it! It seems very versatile. Nice that you can wear it as a backpack and carry your helmet too without sacrificing any room. My favorite so far!

79 KZ1000 LTD. Mikuni VM26 w/ accelerator pump. 4 into 1 header. Stock intake setup. GS1100 Swingarm, My swap thread: kzrider.com/index.php?option=com_kunena&...d=5&id=210872#210872

More
25 Jan 2010 15:33 - 25 Jan 2010 15:36 #344520 by saxjonz
It is. I got the black one. paid 120 and I see the nice 95 dollar prices. Sweet. Had I seen that deal I would have bought maybe a different color but yes. It's small but not too small. I can fit my important stuff in it and backpack it around with my helmet in its soft cover that doubles as the cushion between tank and bag.
Really well thought out and for the money I think a really sweet buy.
But make sure that you get those 2 dollar bungee ball cords. I use three of them to double up on the secure fit. One around the gauges and two around the reflectors like I mentioned earlier.
You won't be disappointed in that bag. I meant to write Icon but the k somehow got in there.:dry:

79 LTD B3
Last edit: 25 Jan 2010 15:36 by saxjonz.