Seven years bad luck?!

More
26 Dec 2009 13:40 #340761 by Galactica
Seven years bad luck?! was created by Galactica
My wife was working, and the kids were away so I decided to visit my inlaws for lunch on Christmas day. I live in New Westminster BC, they live on Vancouver Island. I rode 40 minutes in 0 degrees Celcius to the ferry and another 50 minutes to Maple Bay. Same to catch the ferry back.

Now, my left mirror has been vibrating for some time and the right one vibrates off setting when ever I do a high speed run and is age damaged. Well, I'm riding along and the right mirror really starts to wobble. A couple of miles kilometers later it falls out of the plastic shroud at 100 kph. I go back and find it but the mirror is broken. The funny thing is that the metal backing/bezel has broken in a circular stress fracture about 2cm in diameter.

The upshot is that I need 2 mirrors for a 76 kz900. Any body have any? I can trade for kz650 parts or make some sort of deal.

Any way it was a great ride. Cold, but a Blue Bird day. The old girl didn't mind the cold one bit.

77KZ1000
76 KZ900

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
26 Dec 2009 14:48 #340763 by MFolks
Replied by MFolks on topic Seven years bad luck?!
I'd imagine your mirrors are the standard 10mm size. When you get new mirrors, try these for vibration reduction:http://www.klr650.com/MrVibIso.htm

1982 GPZ1100 B2
General Dynamics/Convair 1983-1993
GLCM BGM-109 Tomahawk, AGM-129A Advanced Cruise Missile (ACM)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.