Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

headlight bracket for BIG forks 23 Mar 2006 18:54 #33862

• rattler
  • rattler's Avatar Topic Author
  • User
  • Thank you received: 2
i was wondering with all the frontend upgrades going on if anyone knows were i can get headlight brackets(ears) to fit 44mm forks. all the universal ones i can find are 35mm-36mm,36mm-39mm, and 40-41mm. i am mounting my zzr1200 front end next weekend when i get my tripples back from the machine shop and the headlight brackets and a custom gage bracket is all that will be holding me up.

if i cant find any dose any here have a old light bracket off a j model (not the ear style)they dont need? last resort would be to use a j model and drill and tap the triiple to mount it up to hold the headlight.
anyone with suggestions?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

headlight bracket for BIG forks 23 Mar 2006 19:35 #33879

• wireman
  • Visitor
how about something like the kz -ltd top tree bracket mounts and an ltd style bracket?

headlight bracket for BIG forks 23 Mar 2006 20:50 #33893

• rattler
  • rattler's Avatar Topic Author
  • User
  • Thank you received: 2
wireman wrote:

how about something like the kz -ltd top tree bracket mounts and an ltd style bracket?

thats the headlight bracket i was thinking about. i was thinking it was the 81 82 j's that had that mount bracket but now that you mention it your right it was the Ltd1000's that they were on.thanks for clearing that up. if i can not find a set like im looking for i guess that my only other cheap option. i just would like to find some chrome ones to fit 44mm forks. i kind want that drag/streefighter look.

headlight bracket for BIG forks 23 Mar 2006 21:04 #33897

• wireman
  • Visitor
you can get differant styles of headlight brackets,im just thinking of a mounting location for gauges that could double for headlight.the lugs off a z1 triple might be easier to than the round ones off kz .;) goodluck,happy wrenching!

• Page: