Wheel spoke fell out and now air flows out?

More
01 Nov 2009 16:00 #330936 by mr_sswiss
So one day I go out for a ride and find my rear tire dead flat, and trying to fill it does nothing. I finally figured out that the air is pouring out of a hole where a tire spoke used to be.

It has a tube in it, so is my tube bad? or is it the missing spoke that is my problem?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• trianglelaguna
  • User
  • New and improved - extra strength
More
01 Nov 2009 17:12 #330945 by trianglelaguna
Replied by trianglelaguna on topic Wheel spoke fell out and now air flows out?
your tube is bad/punctured...... and the spoke breaking probably popped it when it broke....you could get by with a missing spoke...you should fix it though....spoked rims in great shape sell for very little on ebay.....for now a tube and some wraps of rubber strips or duct tape inside the rim will get you riding again...did you check the other spokes to see if they rattle......oh and since this is your first post...welcome:)

add pictures when you can and in your "profile add your year make and model....also a rough location so others can help if close by.......welcome...craig

1976 KZ900
2003 ZX12R
2007 FZ1000
2004 ninja 250R for wife

More
02 Nov 2009 06:13 #331062 by JMKZHI
Replied by JMKZHI on topic Wheel spoke fell out and now air flows out?
Howdy. What bike? Any idea how long the spoke's been missing? It seems like a bad idea to ride around like that. I would look into getting a replacement spoke at the least & try to figure out why it's gone. Maybe the other spokes are kaput from corrosion or something.