Pics of bar-end mirrors on KZ's

More
13 Oct 2009 22:17 #327457 by toadson
Replied by toadson on topic Pics of bar-end mirrors on KZ's
Well I went out on a limb and bought some Mirrycle mountain bike mirrors for $24/pair from Amazon. I've been searching for bar-end mirror reviews and came across threads in motorcycle forums where people were suggesting the Mirrycles. Apparently they don't really vibrate, are cheap and have last several thousands of miles according to a few bikers. They're 3" round and don't look half bad. I believe they are plastic and made in USA. Here's a link to a thread on a Triumph forum with pics of the Mirrycle mirrors.

www.triumphrat.net/twins-talk/104007-bla...bar-end-mirrors.html

I'll post some pics in a week or so after I get them.

79 KZ1000 LTD. Mikuni VM26 w/ accelerator pump. 4 into 1 header. Stock intake setup. GS1100 Swingarm, My swap thread: kzrider.com/index.php?option=com_kunena&...d=5&id=210872#210872

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 Oct 2009 04:48 #327465 by lapeerray
Replied by lapeerray on topic Pics of bar-end mirrors on KZ's
I would be alittle leary of putting these on your motorcycle. I have them on my mountain bike and they are to clse to the hand grips, constantly hitting my hands and also 3" seemed a little tight for spotting cars a ways back.Just my .02$toadson wrote:

Well I went out on a limb and bought some Mirrycle mountain bike mirrors for $24/pair from Amazon. I've been searching for bar-end mirror reviews and came across threads in motorcycle forums where people were suggesting the Mirrycles. Apparently they don't really vibrate, are cheap and have last several thousands of miles according to a few bikers. They're 3" round and don't look half bad. I believe they are plastic and made in USA. Here's a link to a thread on a Triumph forum with pics of the Mirrycle mirrors.

www.triumphrat.net/twins-talk/104007-bla...bar-end-mirrors.html

I'll post some pics in a week or so after I get them.

78kz650b2, 2009 kawasaki 25 hp Oturn John Deere with a 62" cut I had to have it. It was green and was powered by KAWI...,78 yamaha golfcar, Gone but not forgoten 82 v65 magna, 89 1200 Vmax, 72 GS380GT mint with 2000m.grandfather baught brand new in 72

More
14 Oct 2009 13:59 #327535 by Jeff.Saunders
Replied by Jeff.Saunders on topic Pics of bar-end mirrors on KZ's
mark1122 wrote:

Thanks Jeff.
do u think balancing the crank would do any good?
i balanced the pistons.

Yes, the Z1/KZ cranks are not very well balanced. It's noticeable with some engines the vibration is better than others. I had one Z1A that was very smooth running - I suspect that crank was just one of the lucky ones to come out of the factory in good balance.

Back when I worked on a Nitro Funny Car, we used to balance and weigh EVERYTHING. It all helps make the motor spin up quicker and with less vibration.

This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
www.z1enterprises.com

Z1 Ent on Facebook,