Wheel bearing questions

• JMKZHI
  • Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
More
16 Sep 2009 08:47 #321972 by JMKZHI
Wheel bearing questions was created by JMKZHI
I'm looking into getting some wheel bearing kits from Z1Enterprises. It looks like they carry the AllBalls kits. Do those bearings have rubber seals that can be removed so that the grease can be inspected? To verify that they have enough grease packed in them?

Z1 - Wheel Bearing - Seal Kit Front

I ask because it has been mentioned that new bearings don't always have enough grease in them. Thanks. JMK.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
16 Sep 2009 08:53 #321975 by PLUMMEN
Replied by PLUMMEN on topic Wheel bearing questions
bearings themselves seem to be sealed B)

Still recovering,some days are better than others.

More
16 Sep 2009 12:52 #322012 by fixer5000
Replied by fixer5000 on topic Wheel bearing questions
those look like blue rubber seals and even if they have metal sheilds you can remove those carefully too. dont overpack them they are supposed to not be totally filled up. that would cause the balls to skid in there and not really roll like they should. this coming from a many year old industrial mechanic!!!

1978 kz650b pretty much stock
\\\\\\\" get there fast but arrive alive \\\\\\\"
massachusetts

More
16 Sep 2009 13:44 #322021 by RonKZ650
Replied by RonKZ650 on topic Wheel bearing questions
Just for info the bearing is listed as a 6302-2RS. The 6302 is the bearing number, the 2RS denotes 2 rubber seals. Opinions on adding grease vary. My opinion is don't. If they are a decent quality bearing they will probably outlast what miles the motorcycle will travel. If they are Chinese, chances are adding grease is the least of your worries. I think all balls have a good reputation.

321,000 miles on KZ's that I can remember. Not going to see any more.

• JMKZHI
  • Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
More
16 Sep 2009 14:09 #322025 by JMKZHI
Replied by JMKZHI on topic Wheel bearing questions
Thanks. I thought that might be blue rubber & AllBalls seems like the way to go. I like that their wheel bearing kits include the rubber seals as well. The old ones seem fairly hard. Thanks again. JMK.