chain tension dillema (Rickman)

More
15 Sep 2009 03:04 #321733 by sicKen
chain tension dillema (Rickman) was created by sicKen
Hi guys,about a year ago I bought a pair of Hagon shocks to replace the worn out Mazzochi's,when I fitted the Hagons the chain tension is unbelievably tight(the hagons are slightly shorter than the Mazzochi's),the only way of adjusting the chain on the Rickman is via removable plates at the swing arm pivot,at the moment the swing arm is all the way forward so even at it's slackest setting the chain is tighter than a very very tight thing.The only solution I can come up with is to get a smaller rear or front sprocket.The gearing I have is 15-33 I believe US gearing was 15-35,if I go smaller at the front I will end up with similar gearing to the US models witch should be ok,or another solution would be to scrap that idea and go for a 530 conversion.Sorry for sounding long winded but what would you guys recommend?Cheers.Ken.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 Sep 2009 03:17 #321735 by Patton
Replied by Patton on topic chain tension dillema (Rickman)
sicKen wrote:

...chain tension is unbelievably tight...only way of adjusting the chain on the Rickman is via removable plates at the swing arm pivot,at the moment the swing arm is all the way forward so even at it's slackest setting the chain is tighter than a very very tight thing.The only solution I can come up with is to get a smaller rear or front sprocket.The gearing I have is 15-33 I believe US gearing was 15-35,if I go smaller at the front I will end up with similar gearing to the US models witch should be ok,or another solution would be to scrap that idea and go for a 530 conversion.Sorry for sounding long winded but what would you guys recommend?Cheers.Ken.

:unsure: Why not install a longer 630 chain?

Good Luck! :)

1973 Z1
KZ900 LTD

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.