New handlebars for my kz550

• ambassadornchains
  • Topic Author
  • User
More
24 Jul 2009 14:35 #309104 by ambassadornchains
New handlebars for my kz550 was created by ambassadornchains
I got my first bike about a month ago. It is a 1980 kz550 LTD. I traded the guy a $50 guitar for it straight up (not a bad deal, I thought). After a tune up, having the carbs cleaned, and a new front tire, she is up and running like a champ (already put over 500 miles on her). I will be doing all the cosmetic stuff this winter when I cant ride it, and the first thing that I want to do is put new bars on it. I like the superbars and I am pretty sure that is what I will put on it. Will I need to put all new cables, and hoses, or will the ones I have on there work?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
24 Jul 2009 16:39 #309112 by sabell
Replied by sabell on topic New handlebars for my kz550
SuperBike Bars are avail from Z1 Enterprises for less then $20. It's a tight fit with the master cylinder being a bit of a pain but I've been able to cram it all on there. Cables are a little long but if they're well lubbed and you get the placement just right the stock ones will work. That's what i've found on my bikes anyway. Is your wiring run thru the bars?

'78 KZ1000A2
'79 650SR

More
24 Jul 2009 19:15 #309136 by harm
Replied by harm on topic New handlebars for my kz550
Alright! Another 550!

Welcome and we love pics:)

Tom
Holland, MI

1980 KZ550 ELR

2011 Concours14

2017 KX450 [/color]

• ambassadornchains
  • Topic Author
  • User
More
25 Jul 2009 11:38 #309260 by ambassadornchains
Replied by ambassadornchains on topic New handlebars for my kz550
No the wiring is not ran inside the bars. After I did some rough measurements I figured that I could fit them on there as is, but wasn't real sure. Anyway, thanks for the info, and I will try to get some photos up soon.

• ambassadornchains
  • Topic Author
  • User
More
05 Aug 2009 19:18 #311867 by ambassadornchains
Replied by ambassadornchains on topic New handlebars for my kz550
Thanks again guy's. I got the bars in today, and plan on putting them on Friday. Will start posting some pics this weekend.