Another GSXR Fork question

More
25 Jun 2009 21:14 #302133 by Yojymbo!
Another GSXR Fork question was created by Yojymbo!
What tripple tree will work with the GSXR 01-03 GSXR forks. I just picked up a pair for $50 with no clamps. I saw the CBR has a 1" ofset upper clamp. Will this work with the GSXR forks to make them closer to the length of the stock forks? Has anyone done wire wheels with a GSXR forks, what kind of fabrication is needed? I can't go to mags, not going to happen.
Any input is always appreciated.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
26 Jun 2009 03:06 - 26 Jun 2009 03:08 #302167 by Z1109R Fin
Replied by Z1109R Fin on topic Another GSXR Fork question
Hope you´ll find triple claps as they are a bit fork specific!

Fork diameter is the big Q here. Some forks are not equally thick in upper and lower clamp height. You should try to find GSXR 01-03 clamps and make the original steering axle to fit them.

What are you planning for front rim? Original wont fit as it´s 19" and GSXR is 17" and a lot wider.

Brakes? Originals wont fit cause disks are bigger in modern brakes.

Z1000R ´83...Slightly modified...
Attachments:
Last edit: 26 Jun 2009 03:08 by Z1109R Fin.

More
26 Jun 2009 18:54 #302348 by Yojymbo!
Replied by Yojymbo! on topic Another GSXR Fork question
First off, that handlebar/tree setup you have is sick. Is that upper fork clamp custom?

Right now I'm rebuilding my stock forks and got the USD forks for my winter project.
Now to answer your questions.

I have no idea what front rim I will run but would like it to be wire/spoke. I plan on using a GSXR dual piston caliper and rotor. If I could find a rim that could be made to fit it would not be so difficult to have something machined to hold the rotor where it needs to be.

More
28 Jun 2009 11:29 #302726 by Z1109R Fin
Replied by Z1109R Fin on topic Another GSXR Fork question
That upper clamp is one-off CNC´d to fit. Renthal bars and risers.

Plan carefully ahead as there are a zillion things to consider. Use the "Search" -fuction and study. There are many great topics on this. OMR´s Z900 is one great example of a guy who wants to share knowledge and make good question. There are no stupid Q´s here but do study old topics as there´s a great deal of good info here.

Z1000R ´83...Slightly modified...

More
28 Jun 2009 13:39 #302754 by Yojymbo!
Replied by Yojymbo! on topic Another GSXR Fork question
I do use the search function and clusty and google, even some obscure ones. I'm on a few cafe boards and compare notes as answers and solutions vary depending on who you're asking and where they are from (Euro problem solver vs. Asian or Americans, all different styles and results). The search function on KZR is not very good, and I would like to see it cleaned up a little or at least be arrangable in relavance and date. I searched for OMR z900 in different combinations and came up with nothing. So, again searching on KZR is not very efficient. And the archives are a wreck. Take a lesson from Mycotopia's website. Their archives and search function are amazing. Very efficient and fast, with amazing acuracy, and it's run by a bunch of mushroom heads. We can do better than this.

I found a wire wheel that fits, XS650.