Rims Rims Rims!

More
09 Mar 2006 06:09 #29555 by JorgeRox
Rims Rims Rims! was created by JorgeRox
Can someone tell me if a 1980 kz750E rim will bolt onto my 77 kz750 twin? It's driving me crazy, I've searched and searched, no luck. I would surely appreciate any help......................:woohoo:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
09 Mar 2006 08:06 #29587 by steell
Replied by steell on topic Rims Rims Rims!
It's not a bolt in :)
The axle on the 750E is smaller than the axle for the 750 twin.

KD9JUR

More
09 Mar 2006 11:11 #29620 by JorgeRox
Replied by JorgeRox on topic Rims Rims Rims!
I'd have to buy the right size axle? So i can't just switch my hub with the 80 model?

More
09 Mar 2006 12:56 #29638 by craigpuckett
Replied by craigpuckett on topic Rims Rims Rims!
find a kz1000 rim they have the same axle size and should just bolt in.
just be sure to get the same brake (disk vs drum)

just a thoughtB)

More
09 Mar 2006 14:22 #29652 by steell
Replied by steell on topic Rims Rims Rims!
Yep, the KZ1000 rear wheel will bolt on.

To use the KZ750E wheel you would have to use the axle/spacers/caliper and hanger/cush hub, and then you are going to have a 17mm axle in a 20mm hole, and that means the rear axle can move around.

If you are wanting to convert from wire wheels to mags, then use the 1000 rear mag and the 650 or 1000 front wheel. That's the easiest solution.

KD9JUR

More
09 Mar 2006 16:34 #29688 by JorgeRox
Replied by JorgeRox on topic Rims Rims Rims!
Cool; I'm in the 3rd year of restoring this, I've added too many parts to list, in this thread, anyway. Last year, my brother in law forgot to tighten my front fender bolts all the way, I went for a "short test ride." The fender slipped, and locked up the front wheel, over the ole handlebars I went. The"short test ride" wound up taking about 5 months to heal my right arm, broken in 7 places. A stupid, stupid mistake on my part, for not double and triple checking everything before the ride. Everybody reading this, don't repeat the stupid thing I did, check everything thoroghly. I'll be posting pics of the Twin, soon.
I just got the seat back today from the upholsterer. I'll find a 1000 for the mag, thanx again...............................J.R. [img size=150]