long stem mirrors

More
21 May 2009 16:24 #293129 by keith1
long stem mirrors was created by keith1
can anyone reccommend a set of long stem mirrors that actually work? i had two sets of short ones and they gave me a great view of my shoulders and the long stems i have now vibrate so bad i see circles spinning when i look back at headlights...if that isnt bad enough, one vibrates so bad, i can hear the racket at speed....would be nice to have some clue as to whats behind me ..bar ends arent what i m looking for...thanks....keith

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• kano
  • User
  • Not Another Bloody Limey!
More
21 May 2009 16:33 #293132 by kano
Replied by kano on topic long stem mirrors
i have the same problem lol,
have no solution sorry.

More
21 May 2009 16:56 #293140 by Mark Wing
Replied by Mark Wing on topic long stem mirrors
I run the short mirrors and I've bent them a bit more and sealed the mirror to the back. I can see well and almost no vibration.
Mark

Jesus loves you Everyone else thinks your an ***

77 KZ650 C1 with ZX7 forks, GPZ mono rear, wider 18 police wheels and Yoshimura motor.

Yorba Linda Cal.

More
21 May 2009 16:59 #293141 by keith1
Replied by keith1 on topic long stem mirrors
Mark Wing wrote:

I run the short mirrors and I've bent them a bit more and sealed the mirror to the back. I can see well and almost no vibration.
Mark

mark,
i have the same mirrors in long stem version....whats involved in sealing mirror to back?....thanks...keith

More
22 May 2009 07:40 #293298 by Mark Wing
Replied by Mark Wing on topic long stem mirrors
I masked off the mirror with tape and the outer edge of the back and fill the gap with [ I used urethane sealed ] a silicone sealer. Make sure the mirrors are adjusted and seal the edge. Let it dry real good and then spray a little black paint before unmask it.
Mark

Jesus loves you Everyone else thinks your an ***

77 KZ650 C1 with ZX7 forks, GPZ mono rear, wider 18 police wheels and Yoshimura motor.

Yorba Linda Cal.