Race Tech Gold Valves

More
20 Oct 2005 01:22 #2930 by Dave Sloan
Race Tech Gold Valves was created by Dave Sloan
Has any one on the forum used Race Tech Gold Valves in hte kawasaki forks and what are your opiions of the improvement?

Thanks

Cheers

ADve

Z650B2 - Injected

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
20 Oct 2005 07:10 #2974 by jenshhj
Replied by jenshhj on topic Race Tech Gold Valves
I've got a KZ900 and was not able to find any cartridges to fit this fork. I had a MX shop have a look to see if they could install some emulators (drill out the damping rods etc), but this was not an easy option. What bike do you have and does Race Tech make anything for it?

For handling, the best option seems to be a front end replacement.

More
20 Oct 2005 14:35 #3035 by Dave Sloan
Replied by Dave Sloan on topic Race Tech Gold Valves
I have a 79 Z650. I did email race tech quite a while ago and they recon that they will be able to supply but that there isnt a listing for the zeds. What they asked me to do was to take some dimensions of the fork internals and email them to racetech, I just have't had the forks apart since then. I will have to e mail agian and get what sizes they required again. I dont want to change the forks just yet so I am going to change to progressive fork springs and the race tech valves if I get good feedback on them and I would really love a set of Ohlins or zrx rear shocks unfortunatly the money angle always gets in the way :(
Dave

Z650B2 - Injected

More
21 Oct 2005 14:04 #3283 by Old-Skul
Replied by Old-Skul on topic Race Tech Gold Valves
The race-tech gold valves are awesome on other bikes I've ridden. I'd like a set as well. I've had the same conversation with Race Tech but haven't ordered yet. If you wind up ordering, please post the dimensions here to save me some time! It'll be awhile before I pull my fork tubes apart again.

Also, the progressive suspension rear shocks are OK, but if you can afford the OHLINS units get them! I've ridden a ZRX equipped with OHLINS and they are sweet also. I'd love a set of those also, but probably won't spend the money for that until I rebuild my motore again.

More
21 Oct 2005 16:25 #3310 by Dave Sloan
Tnanks for the input, it will probably be a while before I strip mpforks but I will definatly let you know what the out come is.

Cheers

Dave

Z650B2 - Injected

More
21 Oct 2005 18:47 #3329 by steell
Replied by steell on topic Race Tech Gold Valves
Smithgpz has a set of Works shocks on the 750 twin that he did, awesome shocks, but way out of my price range :(

KD9JUR

More
22 Oct 2005 01:20 #3378 by Dave Sloan
Isnt that akways the case, the good stuff costs heps!!!!!!!!!:woohoo:

DAve

Z650B2 - Injected

More
22 Oct 2005 07:02 #3409 by Wolfman@SparksAmerica
Replied by Wolfman@SparksAmerica on topic Race Tech Gold Valves
Race Tech Valves as far as I know will not work on any of the KZ series forks as they are designed much differently than the newer forks. KZ series forks use a dampener rod that has compression and rebound holes in it. just look at buykawasaki.com and look for the part in the pic's.

The Valves made by race tech are for forks made somewhere around the last 10 years, very different design.

More
22 Oct 2005 11:55 #3445 by jenshhj
Replied by jenshhj on topic Race Tech Gold Valves
"Emulators" is what's needed.

Wolfman@SparksAmerica wrote:

Race Tech Valves as far as I know will not work on any of the KZ series forks as they are designed much differently than the newer forks. KZ series forks use a dampener rod that has compression and rebound holes in it. just look at buykawasaki.com and look for the part in the pic's.

The Valves made by race tech are for forks made somewhere around the last 10 years, very different design.

More
22 Oct 2005 16:02 #3476 by Dave Sloan
yes you are right , the correct name for tehm is cartridge emulators. Here is the link(I hope) www.motorcyclecruiser.com/tech/RaceTechEmulators/

Cheers

Dave

Z650B2 - Injected

More
22 Oct 2005 18:22 #3504 by Kawozaki
Replied by Kawozaki on topic Race Tech Gold Valves
They'll make 'em for ya...ya just gotta do the measurements. I've been hoping that someone would do this this before I HAVE to take mine apart, but I guess that I'm gonna have to buck up and do it for myself!!!!;) I don't know when I'll have the time to do this, but I will DEFINATELY post the measurements for the 900 A4 when I get 'round to it!

Oz

More
23 Oct 2005 06:39 #3581 by jasbarsydvic
Replied by jasbarsydvic on topic Race Tech Gold Valves
Im going to be taking my forks down after the first of the year. If they will make them, that will save me a lot of time and money,instead of putting the new style sport bike forks on my bike.