Replacement Brake Pads?

• Treeman
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • 1984 KZ 700 A1
More
18 Apr 2009 14:53 #282879 by Treeman
Replacement Brake Pads? was created by Treeman
What do folks recommend for brake pads for a bike my age with good performance? Disks and calipers are stock.

Thanks,
Andy

1984 KZ700 A1
2005 Harley Softail Springer Classic
Palmyra, NY

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• trianglelaguna
  • User
  • New and improved - extra strength
More
18 Apr 2009 15:14 #282883 by trianglelaguna
Replied by trianglelaguna on topic Replacement Brake Pads?
any of the z1 enterprises rcomended pads are gonna be fine....when ever my brakes start to squeel or loose feel i do a quick pull of the front wheel and sand the glaze off each pad pretty good ,till it looks fresh,with some ruff 80-100 grit s-paper...also a "powerlever" type brake lever in front..i think your model has the stepped front lever already stock though...and a 10"-14" vertical clear tube to really get at the hidden bubbles in the lines,and really good 5 minute brake bleed and some new fluid pumped untill the new stuff enters the bottom of the bleeder tube...helps save time removing some from the resevior....these three things can improve the feel of a front brake 110% also removing and lubing the two slider bolts that carry/slide the active pad in each caliper...i just did mine last night and the difference is a lot....glazed pads suck...it takes 10 minutes to fix....you probably know all this buy i think any pads from z-1 are good...its the quick to start glazing that kills the feel on em......peace craig

1976 KZ900
2003 ZX12R
2007 FZ1000
2004 ninja 250R for wife

More
18 Apr 2009 16:03 #282889 by gane
Replied by gane on topic Replacement Brake Pads?
Agree w/ Tri, stock/EBC/SBS, all good pads, after market often offer differnt compounds. for street application, imho, It's more effective to insure proper function of stock than seeking racing compounds. that said, Improving brakes is GOOD. New brake lines regardless of type help.bleeding/fresh fluid/also. High metalic pads increase rotor wear, so what? good tires and brakes are the cheepest insurance you can buy. have fun G

[img][/img] 1977 KZ1000A1