• Page:

TOPIC:

Continue from GPZ wheels Post / Another question 02 Mar 2006 17:49 #27664

• Shoe48
  • Shoe48's Avatar Topic Author
  • User
  • Live each day as it is your last
  • Thank you received: 5
I see LTD front forks were used in getting other wheels to fit ,, My question is are they longer than the stock 77 kz650 ? Is this fork swap better for performance ? I have a set off a 82 LTD in the Garage ,, good shape too . Drilled disc ,,I guess I would want to keep the brake system off the 77 as the front brake switch is lots different ,, Any comments ? :blink:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Continue from GPZ wheels Post / Another question 02 Mar 2006 18:10 #27669

• DanOz7Five0
  • User
  • Thank you received: 0
I just measured my LTD forks are 30" from the center of the axle to the top of the tubes. My 78 650C forks are 29 1/4" from the center to the top. The LTD forks overall are longer by more, but the axle on the LTDs is mounted in front of the fork lower, where the C forks the axle is at the bottom of the fork.

I dont know if there is a performance difference or not, gives the wheelbase an extra inch.

Your 77 brakes have the round master cylinder mounted on the bars, correct? Thats what Im using also, I used the 3 way splitter (the 77B's setup for single disc one spot for the brake line to the wheel, one from the master cylinder to the splitter and one for the brake switch) with a longer banjo bolt that works with the dual disc brake lines.

I also just noticed on buykawasaki.com/html/default_frame.asp?s...E.ASP?INTCATALOGID=2 that there are different part numbers for the 77B fork lowers compared to the 77C lowers, the upper tubes are the same. The C model came with dual discs and has a 4 way splitter.

Hope that helps.

Post edited by: danoz7five0, at: 2006/03/02 21:20

Continue from GPZ wheels Post / Another question 02 Mar 2006 20:56 #27737

• Shoe48
  • Shoe48's Avatar Topic Author
  • User
  • Live each day as it is your last
  • Thank you received: 5
: Thanks for the info,, not sure it would be worth the work except for wheel change . The Jury is still out on that one

Continue from GPZ wheels Post / Another question 02 Mar 2006 21:23 #27748

• DanOz7Five0
  • User
  • Thank you received: 0
Mine only came about because I needed a new tire. There was a 550 LTD at the junkyard I frequent for awhile so I was after the wheel from that. Of course that bike was gone when I went to get it so I took the wheel and tire off the GPZ

Post edited by: danoz7five0, at: 2006/03/03 00:24

• Page: