Handle bars style?? HELP!

More
29 Mar 2009 11:29 #276398 by Mercymac
Handle bars style?? HELP! was created by Mercymac
OK, so i dont know what handle bar style to go with, right now I have clubmans on it, and I HATE THEM, haha, They always want to hit the tank, I'm afraid clipons would be too similar, I was thinking either between the daytona style or the superbike style, I want something that has a little bit of a rise, but still looks good as far as the sporty look goes. Feedback please

"If you dont know where you're going, its hard to get there.."

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• trianglelaguna
  • User
  • New and improved - extra strength
More
29 Mar 2009 11:50 #276403 by trianglelaguna
Replied by trianglelaguna on topic Handle bars style?? HELP!
superbike bars are great...for me....it is a bit like asking which girl is hotter ....cuase everyone is gotta dif answer....but with superbikes i am kinda limited as to where they are rotated back or more upward ....by the master cylinder touching the fork cap/top triple tree....the way they are on mine is not sporty by todays standards but is preety good for throwing the bike around and control in med speed traffic.....i'll post two pics to show

1976 KZ900
2003 ZX12R
2007 FZ1000
2004 ninja 250R for wife

• trianglelaguna
  • User
More
29 Mar 2009 11:56 #276406 by trianglelaguna
the drivway shot of my bike shows the superbike bars and that is pretty much what they used to throw these brutes around...the wayne rainey/muzzy 1000j superbike photo shows what look to be wider bars....but the stripped controls can leave the bars to look bigger.....
i bought some superbike bars off e-bay for like 25-30 last year and then came into a pair of old school k&n superbike bars and i can totaly see where my no name bars are cheap/thin....compared to real k&n bars....

my 2 cents...

also i had to re-route my controls and wiring a little and have a bigger throttle cable loop to the carbs now...but i dont even notice it....

1976 KZ900
2003 ZX12R
2007 FZ1000
2004 ninja 250R for wife

More
29 Mar 2009 12:04 #276409 by Russ Jackson
Replied by Russ Jackson on topic Handle bars style?? HELP!
trianglelaguna wrote:

superbike bars are great...for me....it is a bit like asking which girl is hotter ....cuase everyone is gotta dif answer....but with superbikes i am kinda limited as to where they are rotated back or more upward ....by the master cylinder touching the fork cap/top triple tree....the way they are on mine is not sporty by todays standards but is preety good for throwing the bike around and control in med speed traffic.....i'll post two pics to show

triangle: It looks like you and I have about the same bars. Mine are 28 inches tip to tip. Yours might be a little wider. I love the way mine feel and handle, however my mirrors are just about useless for looking behind. I get a good look at my arms. If you have the same size do you have the same mirror problem?...Russ

1976 KZ 900 B1 29 smoothbores, Kerker, Lester Mags
2008 Kawasaki Concours 14 abs

• trianglelaguna
  • User
More
29 Mar 2009 12:37 #276424 by trianglelaguna
i got some aftermarkett cheapy chrome circle type and they were great at first...then they moved a lot ...finally they were adjusted right and they were stripping on there lock nuts cuase they were at the end of the adjusters...i ended up going for a ride with an open end wrench and setting em.....they are gonna get replaced...i also had to tweek the right one so hard that it dimppled the back dish a tad....the right is the worst cuase the master cyl will not really move forward....i get by....i gotta touch em with my glove if i wanna really see if that car back there is a cop.....do you run bar end wheights...they are way better than just grip ends....... also my mirrors buzz/vibrate a steady bit too...but i think that is due to other chassis/balance issues i will get tuned as i go...

1976 KZ900
2003 ZX12R
2007 FZ1000
2004 ninja 250R for wife

More
29 Mar 2009 13:04 #276429 by Russ Jackson
Replied by Russ Jackson on topic Handle bars style?? HELP!
I have the same master cylinder problem. So the right mirror is basically useless. Stosk mirrors vibrate the same as aftermarket. I might try bar end mirrors. Or try making some new arms a little longer to cure the problem. There are so many cops out today looking to write a ticket I have to be able to see behind me....Russ

1976 KZ 900 B1 29 smoothbores, Kerker, Lester Mags
2008 Kawasaki Concours 14 abs

More
29 Mar 2009 13:21 #276438 by gnfreak
Replied by gnfreak on topic Handle bars style?? HELP!
I liked the daytonas over the superbike bars i'm shorter so i didnt like the extra reach. as far as mirrors, i made up some extensions to move the stock mirrors out a couple of inches

Normal, IL
1980 KZ1000-G1 Classic - Sold

More
29 Mar 2009 15:33 #276489 by roy-b-boy-b
Replied by roy-b-boy-b on topic Handle bars style?? HELP!
I use to run drag bars and would have to tuck my elbows in to see behind me. I finally cut the bars in half and inserted a piece of steel into one half then another four inch piece of a old handle bar over that then slipped the other half of the drag bar onto the the piece of steel and welded it up. I used the moto cross style nylon/velcro to go ever my welded area.

I just ordered a set of bar end mirrows from Jeff to install on the drag bike i'm working on. Roy

1979 LTD Street Fighter.1977 KZ1000

• trianglelaguna
  • User
More
29 Mar 2009 18:51 #276570 by trianglelaguna
roy-b-boy-b wrote:

I use to run drag bars and would have to tuck my elbows in to see behind me. I finally cut the bars in half and inserted a piece of steel into one half then another four inch piece of a old handle bar over that then slipped the other half of the drag bar onto the the piece of steel and welded it up. I used the moto cross style nylon/velcro to go ever my welded area.

I just ordered a set of bar end mirrows from Jeff to install on the drag bike i'm working on. Roy

lemme know how those work out...i've only waited cuase i like my bar end knurled wheights and cuase sometimes i squeek between cars or buildings...ect..they may hang more down than out though...lemme know....craig

1976 KZ900
2003 ZX12R
2007 FZ1000
2004 ninja 250R for wife

More
30 Mar 2009 03:41 #276677 by roy-b-boy-b
Replied by roy-b-boy-b on topic Handle bars style?? HELP!
I'll let you know if i can back my bike out of the shop.

Soon i hope. I got the engine together Saturday and did some wiring. I stopped when the temp dropped 15 deg. Roy

1979 LTD Street Fighter.1977 KZ1000

• burkmanofgod
  • User
  • 1981 KZ750H2
More
30 Mar 2009 12:56 - 30 Mar 2009 12:57 #276790 by burkmanofgod
Replied by burkmanofgod on topic Handle bars style?? HELP!
I know this style doesn't seem popular here but I like the looks of them.

1981 Kawasaki 750 LTD
2006 Honda Shadow 1100 Spirit
Attachments:
Last edit: 30 Mar 2009 12:57 by burkmanofgod.

• burkmanofgod
  • User
  • 1981 KZ750H2
More
30 Mar 2009 12:58 #276791 by burkmanofgod
Replied by burkmanofgod on topic Handle bars style?? HELP!
another pic

1981 Kawasaki 750 LTD
2006 Honda Shadow 1100 Spirit
Attachments: