shorty bars

• CodyHartleben
  • Topic Author
  • User
More
20 Mar 2009 13:54 #273729 by CodyHartleben
shorty bars was created by CodyHartleben
any ideas on shorty style handlebars or pics?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
20 Mar 2009 16:00 #273744 by Locozuna
Replied by Locozuna on topic shorty bars
Sort of depends if you want to sit on your thighs or tailbone. Do you do long distance or short bezerker banzai blasts? ;) If you are sitting upright and doing 50+ the wind is trying to push you back off the bike and you will either hang on or lean in which becomes fatiguing after a while. If you start by leaning forward a 50+ wind kind of holds you up but slow down and do some stop and go or slow driving and you will be using your arms to hold yourself up which is fatiguing after a while. Of course a nice pothole or frost heave will send a shock through your tailbone right up your spine if you are sitting bolt upright on your tailbone but if you are on your thighs the shock will be considerable less. See, it's not cut and dry. Of course if you want to tuck into the tank and get down to tank eye level and hug the tank with your knees clipons might be your thing. I like leaning slightly forward so I use superbike bars and a 1 inch riser kit. It's kind of middle of the road.

KZ900LTD, KZ750LTD, KZ650, 72'Triumph Trident
"Over the Mountains
Of the Moon,
Down the Valley of the Shadow,
Ride, boldly ride,"
The shade replied
"If you seek for Eldorado!"

• CodyHartleben
  • Topic Author
  • User
More
20 Mar 2009 17:36 #273756 by CodyHartleben
Replied by CodyHartleben on topic shorty bars
ic well where yould a get a set of risers and by using superbike bars and stock seat are you able to tuck into the tank im not so worried about the ride comfort im 18 so its not about that .haha just joking if you had some pics of your bike and bars id like to see some different styles...thanks

More
20 Mar 2009 17:40 #273758 by HerrDeacon
Replied by HerrDeacon on topic shorty bars
Like Locozuna says, it there are lots of styles to choose from, each with their own stance and riding style.

I have clubmans and love them. Find them very comfortable for the most part. I find it in my wrists after about an hour, but other than that they are great. Here's a pic of mine:

More
20 Mar 2009 18:55 #273780 by Locozuna
Replied by Locozuna on topic shorty bars
Best to look through the gallery at the styles. When you see one you really like come back here and ask what the setup is. Take enough abuse at 18 and at 40 you'll feel like 80. I won't tell you what you'll feel like at 70 because YOU CAN'T HANDLE IT! THE HORROR! :ohmy: Most people here would be glad to answer any questions about their bikes or any of the other parolees :laugh: for that matter. You could even ask these mugs obscure questions like "What is the atomic weight of unobtanium? or How much blinker fluid does a 1976 KZ650B hold at midnight on the Summer Solstice?". :huh: 10 to 1 you would get answer(s). ;)

KZ900LTD, KZ750LTD, KZ650, 72'Triumph Trident
"Over the Mountains
Of the Moon,
Down the Valley of the Shadow,
Ride, boldly ride,"
The shade replied
"If you seek for Eldorado!"