I wonder...

More
19 Feb 2009 20:42 #266332 by gane
Replied by gane on topic I wonder...
T, nice bit. As a younger gane I had the oportunity to test ride the new Kaws via Kawasaki's "ticket to ride" and Keith Codes' "superbike school" at Riverside Raceway. Like a typical hoodlum I hung back and opened 'er up on the back straight on a turbo gpz 750. I survived w/out crashing, but was 86'd on principal. 'thats ok, I didn't feel much like riding any more any way. G

[img][/img] 1977 KZ1000A1

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• trianglelaguna
  • User
  • New and improved - extra strength
More
19 Feb 2009 20:47 #266333 by trianglelaguna
Replied by trianglelaguna on topic I wonder...
we rode up for three hours in 86-87 somthing like that for a ticket to ride event... and they said it was sprinkling earlier... and no rides today:woohoo: ......so we went to the wharf and got food poisoning instead....

1976 KZ900
2003 ZX12R
2007 FZ1000
2004 ninja 250R for wife

More
19 Feb 2009 21:00 #266338 by gane
Replied by gane on topic I wonder...
Sorry you missed it. Lot's of good lies. My favorite, A Two Hot shoes' (I believe Rainie & Lawson riding 2 up ) dragging Knees on a Venture Royale w/stereo blaring. G

[img][/img] 1977 KZ1000A1

• mark1122
  • User
  • Keep twisting it
More
20 Feb 2009 06:03 #266461 by mark1122
Replied by mark1122 on topic I wonder...
That video looked like a modern bike doing a big slapper.
My understanding of the steering dampers on new bikes is that it is for light load situations. When u accelerate hard the front tire unloads and the lack of secure contact makes it unstable and can create a slapper. Anyone else hear anything dif?
I had a few, not as bad as that though, thank god. I found out it was the front tire wore out of round due to being out of balance. after the new tire was installed i could go to red line with no trouble. My bike always had a bit of extra rake and gussets since i bought it that way. So i cant say what a stock bike is like. But since i added the new forks with less rake it is just as stable at speed, and it turns easier.

76 KZ, frame gusset work,1200CC.Ported by Larry Cavanaugh, 1.5mm.over intakes, Carron Pipe, ZRX12 rear end, and seat,96zx9 front end.
01 CBR600F4i Track bike.
Cobourg, Ont. Can.

~ ~ ~_@
~ ~ _- \,
~ (k) / (z)