Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

cheng shin tires?anyone had em 17 Feb 2009 19:57 #265785

• dutchz
  • User
  • Thank you received: 4
My bike came with cheng shin hi-max mounted. Rear was ok but the front had a groove over the center that really tracked on the rain grooves in the road here in SoCal. I have since had Spitfires and now on BT45s (Battlax), I like these tires a lot. They come in just about every size you could want as well (up to 150 rear). And no center groove on the fronts...

Avon is British. The SuperVenoms were very popular tires among, uh, 'spirited' riders, they were supposed to be real sticky, but they got discontinued. Haven't tried or heard anything about the AM26 RoadRider yet which is supposed to be the replacement. With Avon you are limited to fewer sizes and they are not cheap either.
1974 Kawasaki Z1
Stock front hub and rear axle.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

cheng shin tires?anyone had em 17 Feb 2009 20:09 #265787

• hoghaterkaw
  • User
  • Thank you received: 1
it depresses me to see that the only value judgements that many here can make is, "if it's cheap then it's good".

cheng shin tires?anyone had em 17 Feb 2009 20:19 #265790

• trianglelaguna
  • trianglelaguna's Avatar Topic Author
  • User
  • New and improved - extra strength
  • Thank you received: 235
hoghaterkaw wrote:

it depresses me to see that the only value judgements that many here can make is, "if it's cheap then it's good".

uncanny perception....and logic...catch a fart why dont cha
1976 KZ900
2003 ZX12R
2007 FZ1000
2004 ninja 250R for wife

cheng shin tires?anyone had em 17 Feb 2009 20:31 #265792

• hoghaterkaw
  • User
  • Thank you received: 1
trianglelaguna wrote:

hoghaterkaw wrote:

if i'm wrong, why don't the japanese use cheng shin as oem?? catch that...do you ever get father than the end of your driveway???

cheng shin tires?anyone had em 17 Feb 2009 21:02 #265803

• KawiConvert
  • User
  • Thank you received: 4
trianglelaguna wrote:

it's interesting the guys that seem to un derstand the original question...which was have you run em ...and if so how was your feedback for em........all....yes alll...had fairly good things to say about the fair price,low wear rates,rain handling ,and have burned through more than a few allmost to the man.....
the guys in the cheap seats probably have not been through a set of tires in years....never post any ..todays rides...todays builds...questions for fellow members ona procedure or product......pretty much never talk about recent rides or events...just run behind the others posts like little fart catchers....
No some folks only visit here to light flames and show how much they know about anything and everything......god bless em though cuase ....somwhere there is a village getting deprived of it's idiot.......

Don't you think thats just a little unfair to Quasimodo?
1978 KZ650 D1 ~ Carb jetting: 107.5 & 20 & 4th groove with pods and 4-1 Exhaust

cheng shin tires?anyone had em 17 Feb 2009 22:00 #265809

• trianglelaguna
  • User
hoghaterkaw wrote:

trianglelaguna wrote:

hoghaterkaw wrote:

if i'm wrong, why don't the japanese use cheng shin as oem?? catch that...do you ever get father than the end of your driveway???

cuase they use jap tires einstien....must be the gas getting to ya...sorry cali steak and beans....ate in my drivway
1976 KZ900
2003 ZX12R
2007 FZ1000
2004 ninja 250R for wife

cheng shin tires?anyone had em 17 Feb 2009 22:27 #265813

• timebomb33
  • User
  • Thank you received: 10
chen shings and kenda's both suck the big one i've got broken rib's that have never healed right because of kenda's and the only thing i would ever put them on again would be a bike that i was going to dyno or enter into a burnout contest with never would i put them on a bike that i actually appreciated and spent ton's time and money on to make right. just say no to junk there is a reason that they are half the price of good tires
1973 z1 2-1974z1-a,2-1975z1-b dragbikes1015cc+1393cc, 1977kz1000,1978kz1000,1981kz1000j, 1997 zx-11, 2000 z12r,1428turbo nitrous pro-mod and a shit load of parts thats all for now leader sask.,CANADA
I THINK MY POWERBAND BROKE

Last edit: by timebomb33.

cheng shin tires?anyone had em 18 Feb 2009 03:35 #265847

• nads.com
  • User
  • Thank you received: 20
timebomb33 wrote:

chen shings and kenda's both suck the big one i've got broken rib's that have never healed right because of kenda's and the only thing i would ever put them on again would be a bike that i was going to dyno or enter into a burnout contest with never would i put them on a bike that i actually appreciated and spent ton's time and money on to make right. just say no to junk there is a reason that they are half the price of good tires

You him her it and noone else of respectables human nature is evver going to win a burnout contest with chens. Ask ernie or burt about tht other way it can be done. I've got the second one on there now and one on the front. The things i can tell are that you cannot get the back tire to break loose, those tires stick to the road like their glued to it. That being said, I,d give them 5miles and you'd better pull over and check it. Cuz. One, it might not be there, Two, you'll be pulled over anyway when the high speed wobble from the front one introduces itsef as satin riding on the handle bars yelling SWING TO THE LEFT SWING TO THE RIGHT HIT THE BRAKES HIT THE GAS, AND that's when you wish that 50 dollars was spent as restitution for the candy you stole from stop and GO! And if your lucky you'll live to buy another one. To give as a gift to a hard up group of terrorists looking to get to nowhere fast. You'll go through 3 of them before one average tire wears out. And if you aim your self just right when your launched off the bike you might just be able to sail through the centers of the ones lying in the ditch.

cheng shin tires?anyone had em 18 Feb 2009 03:48 #265849

• nads.com
  • User
  • Thank you received: 20
chen was a small chinese with dirty knees, he could not please, his brothers would steal his cheese, kick him in shin and drop him to his chin, take his yin. He grew up vowing to get even with all the world. He smoked alot of dope, came across a fellow who owned giant clove of funky rubber trees affected by radiation. It was then he realised his master plan to get even with all the world for his troubled past. They once fit a bulls hooves with chens, the riders of that bull were thrown off instantly every ride, the object was to stay on for 1 full second knowing the tires would disintegrate.

cheng shin tires?anyone had em 18 Feb 2009 07:46 #265873

• otakar
  • User
  • Thank you received: 29
I used to put them on my Z1-R. The front tire used to get scalopped in 5000mi and the rear I could burn for a block. What this tells me, reading threw all of these posts is that they are either too hard or too soft. and the pattern is not engineered right. About Avons being too expensive; It is hard to find a tire under a hundred bucks, but with Avon it is possible and good performance comes with the deal. I don't know but, 8 bikes, 10,000mi /year and 31 years of riding, and have always kept the rubber side down, (with the exception of the drag strip, once). I do know that the guys with the Led-Wings used to like the hard compound, because they were able to traverse this beautiful country of ours a few times over and the tires would keep the rubber. The problem was in the rain.

Otto
74 Z1-A stock
76 KZ-900 Totaly stock vice MAC pipe
77 KZ-1000A stock
78 Z1-R 100%MINT 500 original Mi.
78 Z1-R Yoshi 1103 kit stage 1 cams Yoshi pipe. Etc
79 KZ-1300 (1400)
80 KZ-1300
81 Scratch built GPz1150R
82 KZ1000

Last edit: by otakar.

cheng shin tires?anyone had em 18 Feb 2009 08:44 #265884

• trianglelaguna
  • User
just great...this has really drawn out the experts.....far exceeds expectations........i have no cheng shins and was just seeing what folks thought....kenda is dangerous for me but i hope aria will get set....
1976 KZ900
2003 ZX12R
2007 FZ1000
2004 ninja 250R for wife

cheng shin tires?anyone had em 18 Feb 2009 08:53 #265886

• otakar
  • User
  • Thank you received: 29
I just put two Avons on my brothers 93 ZR750 Zephyr, and he loves them. We even put a 10mm narrower rear than what the bike calls for just to lighten up the load on the engine. The funny part is that I can still stand the bike up on the rear wheel. Don't discount or commit to anything until you at least look at Avons. They are not expensive and are one of the best values for the money. a lot of guys I know race with street compound Avons and swear by them.

Otto
74 Z1-A stock
76 KZ-900 Totaly stock vice MAC pipe
77 KZ-1000A stock
78 Z1-R 100%MINT 500 original Mi.
78 Z1-R Yoshi 1103 kit stage 1 cams Yoshi pipe. Etc
79 KZ-1300 (1400)
80 KZ-1300
81 Scratch built GPz1150R
82 KZ1000

Last edit: by otakar.