shaft drive swingarm bearing replacement

More
09 Feb 2009 16:12 #263354 by wiredgeorge
shaft drive swingarm bearing replacement was created by wiredgeorge
Anybody with a shaft drive of any sort ever remove their swingarm and replace the swingarm bearings.

The KZ1000E1 and E2 have roller bearings... There are actually two halves to the swingarm with each side sort of a 1/2 swingarm and two sets of bearings. I would like to powder coat a project bike frame and haven't removed the bearings from this type bike or replaced them. I looked at this when doing my current E1 ride but didn't bother as the swingarm moved freely and I ended up painting the frame instead of powder coating. Thanks in advance. wg

wiredgeorge Motorcycle Carburetors
Mico TX
www.wgcarbs.com
Too many bikes to list!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 Feb 2009 00:37 #263475 by donthekawguy
Replied by donthekawguy on topic shaft drive swingarm bearing replacement
I stripped one down years ago to part out and it seemed like it came apart the same as the other bikes. Just trying to figure out how to get the shaft parts apart took a little while.

Rathdrum Idaho
1971 Kawasaki g3ss
1972 Yamaha R5 350
1965 Suzuki Hillbilly
1964 Yamaha 125

More
11 Feb 2009 18:21 #263909 by 6leafclover
Replied by 6leafclover on topic shaft drive swingarm bearing replacement
when i first got mine it came with an extra swingarm along with a crap load of other parts from a parts lot on e-bay could have been donthekawguys stuff idk when the PO got the parts lot but anyway I swapped out the swing arm just because it was in alot better shape than the one on it, it was really easy to dissasemble i dident do anything with the bearings though because i couldent find any anywhere but the actual disassembly and reassembly is easy and if you find some bearings somewhere please let me know i would like to swap mine as well after i powder coat the old swing arm

1979 KZ1000-E1/ST
Madison, IN