Shock replacements

• parkingpuckguy
  • Topic Author
  • User
More
12 Jan 2009 18:39 #257567 by parkingpuckguy
Shock replacements was created by parkingpuckguy
Greetings,
just picked this up (1984 KZ750 L4) and would like to upgrade the rear shocks. Any suggestions????

Thanks much.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• trianglelaguna
  • User
  • New and improved - extra strength
More
12 Jan 2009 18:48 #257571 by trianglelaguna
Replied by trianglelaguna on topic Shock replacements
hey that is a cool 750....that year had a really good frame set up ,my friend had one and i got to ride it some...it was a decent handeling base set up...you could really get that thing to fly.......i have an old set of koni adjustable shocks that i got on e-bay for about 100 and they really helped my 900(it had 1 inch too longs on it) ...but you gotta watch the koni's on e-bay cuase used they still draw alot of bids...i got mine on a sale i was watching and have not seen any really good old school shocks go for less..also know your shocks eye to eye measurement for sure before shopping,,,,.good luck

1976 KZ900
2003 ZX12R
2007 FZ1000
2004 ninja 250R for wife

• parkingpuckguy
  • Topic Author
  • User
More
12 Jan 2009 18:55 #257573 by parkingpuckguy
Replied by parkingpuckguy on topic Shock replacements
Thanks for the help. I'm planning on stiffening the frame with some gussets and installing a new front end (zx636) and rear swingarm (ZRX1100) and shocks. I'd like to use the ZRX shocks too but believe them to be longer than these stock ones so I'll have to decide sooner or later.
It's got a full Muzzy system and jetted carbs too. The bike will be primarily used on the track but be street legal as well.

It's going to be tons of work but the reward at the end will be worth it.

More
12 Jan 2009 19:09 - 12 Jan 2009 19:10 #257577 by steell
Replied by steell on topic Shock replacements
I think for around $600 you can get Works Performance shocks with external reservoirs set up for your weight and riding style, or the Works standard shocks for around $400.00

Or if you have "lot's" of money to spend, there's always Ohlins forks and shocks :woohoo:

KD9JUR
Last edit: 12 Jan 2009 19:10 by steell.