Emgo Tubes

More
31 Dec 2008 18:40 #255602 by smoknsal
Emgo Tubes was created by smoknsal
Has anyone ever used Emgo fork tubes #EM45-29640 on their 80 KZ1000 LTD B-4 without any issues, Let me know.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
31 Dec 2008 18:53 #255603 by gane
Replied by gane on topic Emgo Tubes
no, wasn't even aware they offer them. I would be hesitant to recommend them, tho only familiar with their air filters, oil filters and h/l clamps. I do however feel comfortable promoting Frank's Maint. and Enginering. whom I've used many times. G

[img][/img] 1977 KZ1000A1

More
31 Dec 2008 19:30 #255605 by keith1
Replied by keith1 on topic Emgo Tubes
i would shy away from anything emgo...my past experiences havent been the best....just my .02 as always.....keith

More
31 Dec 2008 23:19 #255625 by PLUMMEN
Replied by PLUMMEN on topic Emgo Tubes
who was the manufacturer for origional fork tubes?im guessing it wast kawasaki B)

Still recovering,some days are better than others.

More
01 Jan 2009 14:16 #255690 by Jeff.Saunders
Replied by Jeff.Saunders on topic Emgo Tubes
keith1 wrote:

i would shy away from anything emgo...my past experiences havent been the best....just my .02 as always.....keith

Emgo does not make anything - nothing... they are a marketing company.

If you buy a new Triumph motorcycle or certain Honda models, the fork tubes are made by the same company that makes the Emgo fork tubes.

In fact, the Emgo fork tubes are BETTER than the Franks tubes. I was surprised when Emgo sent me a sample, I compared to a set of Franks tubes we had on the shelf and they were a little different in length - so I pulled a set of Z1 fork apart and compared all three. The Emgo version is the exact same length - the Frank's tubes are about 3mm too long.

Those Emgo tubes do not fit the 77-80 KZ1000's except for the 1977 A1 model. Kawasaki changed the top cap thread and the bottom insert damper external diameter.

Some of the items Emgo sells are extremely good - some are borderline.

Would you rather put EBC or Emgo brake pads on your bike? You might be surprised to know they come out of the same factory.

If you buy any house brand of part from Parts Unlimited, Custom Chrome and more, they use the same manufacturers for a great number of parts.

Some parts Emgo sells are very bad - their turn signals are very poor - but they are the same ones labeled under names like Bikers Choice, Trick and more.

This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
www.z1enterprises.com

Z1 Ent on Facebook,

More
04 Jan 2009 09:51 #256102 by Sandy
Replied by Sandy on topic Emgo Tubes
Do we have a picture of these emgo tubes?

1977 KZ1000 A-1