After market brake systems

More
28 Dec 2008 14:57 #255126 by kenskz1000
After market brake systems was created by kenskz1000
Jeff can you get these?
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
28 Dec 2008 14:58 #255127 by kenskz1000
Replied by kenskz1000 on topic After market brake systems
Or Z1
Attachments:

More
28 Dec 2008 15:19 #255130 by Jeff.Saunders
Replied by Jeff.Saunders on topic After market brake systems
We can get any of those parts sold by PMC... we bring in shipments every 2-3 weeks.

...however, the pricing is very, very scary.

Those are roughly $1,850 each set (assuming the Yen to Dollar exchange rates don't get any worse). Even if the US Dollar recovers some against the Yen, it's still very expensive stuff. Sadly, the exchange rates swung about 20% in the wrong direction over the past 3 months.

This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
www.z1enterprises.com

Z1 Ent on Facebook,

More
28 Dec 2008 16:38 #255138 by keith1
Replied by keith1 on topic After market brake systems
Jeff.Saunders wrote:

We can get any of those parts sold by PMC... we bring in shipments every 2-3 weeks.

...however, the pricing is very, very scary.

Those are roughly $1,850 each set (assuming the Yen to Dollar exchange rates don't get any worse). Even if the US Dollar recovers some against the Yen, it's still very expensive stuff. Sadly, the exchange rates swung about 20% in the wrong direction over the past 3 months.

holy smokes:ohmy:

More
29 Dec 2008 14:05 #255277 by The Fish
Replied by The Fish on topic After market brake systems
The PMC brake price isn't that bad for a complete brake system built with new parts.
I adapt newer lightweight sportbike brake systems to older bikes. Custom made one off parts arent cheap. When you get brakes cheap, you usually end up with cheap brakes.
Attachments:

• trianglelaguna
  • User
  • New and improved - extra strength
More
29 Dec 2008 14:26 #255283 by trianglelaguna
Replied by trianglelaguna on topic After market brake systems
i know thisl draw some heat but cept looking real cool and being lighter...the old brakes work fairly well for the most part...i had a guy ride my bike who had raced for a while and had never used a drum rear before...he was like
'wow that actually works'....i know the purist will say nay...but i can stop as fast as i need to when i need to i'll admit the single disk needs a brother...but short of a new bike.... i like my kz to becuase it looks like a a kz....begin

1976 KZ900
2003 ZX12R
2007 FZ1000
2004 ninja 250R for wife

More
29 Dec 2008 23:09 #255330 by image
Replied by image on topic After market brake systems
The Fish wrote:

The PMC brake price isn't that bad for a complete brake system built with new parts.
I adapt newer lightweight sportbike brake systems to older bikes. Custom made one off parts arent cheap. When you get brakes cheap, you usually end up with cheap brakes.

Fish,

do you have any advice or are there threads which show which parts work and what's involved? I'd like to upgrade my brakes, I like to ride fast and so stopping fast is a real priority - plus I've been spoiled already by the capabilities of late model stuff too.

'81 KZ750-4 ltd / 810 GPz motor
'84 Suzuki GR650
'01 Ducati 750 Sport / corse pipes + chip

More
30 Dec 2008 08:21 #255355 by The Fish
Replied by The Fish on topic After market brake systems
trianglelaguna wrote:

i know thisl draw some heat but cept looking real cool and being lighter...the old brakes work fairly well for the most part...i had a guy ride my bike who had raced for a while and had never used a drum rear before...he was like
'wow that actually works'....i know the purist will say nay...but i can stop as fast as i need to when i need to i'll admit the single disk needs a brother...but short of a new bike.... i like my kz to becuase it looks like a a kz....begin

Yeah, you either like my brakes or you don't, there seems to be no middle ground. I get alot of "why bother" remarks about my brake kits. The braking with the new kit is fantastic, but with the light weight parts you also get better handling, through less unsprung weight. The dual newer sportbike brake discs(2) usually weigh alot less than the stock old single disc does.
Heres an XS 650 single disc big brake kit that I made up a while ago. This complete system (caliper, disc, master cylinder and braided brake line) weighed about 1 LB less than the stock XS 650 brake disc alone.

A link

www.geocities.com/fischervintagecycle/Fischheads.html

Attachments:

• trianglelaguna
  • User
  • New and improved - extra strength
More
30 Dec 2008 08:41 #255358 by trianglelaguna
Replied by trianglelaguna on topic After market brake systems
i like the systems you make and think i've seen your stuff at an online auctions.... i was talking about some of the other relly really high doller kits and wether the cost equaled stopping power,keep up the great work,we need guys like you updating stuffThe Fish wrote:

trianglelaguna wrote:

Yeah, you either like my brakes or you don't, there seems to be no middle ground. I get alot of "why bother" remarks about my brake kits. The braking with the new kit is fantastic, but with the light weight parts you also get better handling, through less unsprung weight. The dual newer sportbike brake discs(2) usually weigh alot less than the stock old single disc does.
Heres an XS 650 single disc big brake kit that I made up a while ago. This complete system (caliper, disc, master cylinder and braided brake line) weighed about 1 LB less than the stock XS 650 brake disc alone.

A link

www.geocities.com/fischervintagecycle/Fischheads.html

1976 KZ900
2003 ZX12R
2007 FZ1000
2004 ninja 250R for wife

More
30 Dec 2008 23:18 #255485 by PLUMMEN
Replied by PLUMMEN on topic After market brake systems
youre an evil genius sir!B) B) B) B) B)

Still recovering,some days are better than others.